• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glove box VIN title mismatch

hummerdan

The
What are the differences in VINs?

For example:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ 4 _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ 8 _ _ _
The difference is one letter. Went from U15F to U15N. It’s a 302 so my guess is the drivetrain changed at the plant during production from an in-line 6 to a V8 🤷‍♂️

It is like this in both locations. Near the shock tower and under the passenger foot rest. There is also a V on either side of the star on the incorrect VIN. Possible means VOID?

Bronco is currently registered in CA and the title and original VIN tag have the U15N.

Motor mounts appear to be factory V8 mounts

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The

The difference is one letter. Went from U15F to U15N. It’s a 302 so my guess is the drivetrain changed at the plant during production from an in-line 6 to a V8 🤷‍♂️

It is like this in both locations. Near the shock tower and under the passenger foot rest. There is also a V on either side of the star on the incorrect VIN. Possible means VOID?

Bronco is currently registered in CA and the title and original VIN tag have the U15N.

Motor mounts appear to be factory V8 mounts
F was a 170 6cyl and N was a 289 v8. Those would have been the two engine options from 3/66' up to 8/68' when the 69' model year began with the 302 and 170.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Don’t mean to hijack but has any ever seen a bronco with two different VIN #s?

Both VINs are stamped in the correct location, one above the other. Bronco is registered and the original data tag and registration matches one of the VINs
That would be a problem. It may have been someone trying to use a title with a frame and restamped it but who knows.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Never Buy a VIN! The only VIN that matters is on the Frame. Hard lessons
I've been looking for mine with no luck, I bought a small mirror and some white chalk but just having a hard time with out pulling the motor, it's driving me crazy!

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I've been looking for mine with no luck, I bought a small mirror and some white chalk but just having a hard time with out pulling the motor, it's driving me crazy!
You won't get anywhere pulling the motor as it is not even close to interfering with it. The body is closer.

big blue

Loc.
Kentucky
I'm on the other end of this, went to sell my frame and found out my vin number had been registered in another state.