• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glove Box Vin

Rymadd

So my 67 has no vin tag on the glove box door like I always hear of these trucks having. No tag, no rivets, not even any holes for rivets. It does have the tag on the drivers kick panel. Is this instead of the glove box door? I'm under the impression only the 66 and 67 trucks got the tag riveted to the kick panel.

Is this correct, and the 68 and up trucks got tags on the glove box?

Thanks

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So my 67 has no vin tag on the glove box door like I always hear of these trucks having. No tag, no rivets, not even any holes for rivets. It does have the tag on the drivers kick panel. Is this instead of the glove box door? I'm under the impression only the 66 and 67 trucks got the tag riveted to the kick panel.

Is this correct, and the 68 and up trucks got tags on the glove box?

Thanks

Yes that's correct, 66 and 67 were on the driver kick panel and not the glove box door.

OP
OP
Rymadd

Rymadd

Yes frame vin matched the title which matches the kick panel, just nothing on the glovebox. Sounds like that’s exactly how the factory sent it out?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Yes frame vin matched the title which matches the kick panel, just nothing on the glovebox. Sounds like that’s exactly how the factory sent it out?

Lol, yes 66 and 67 were not on the glove box door, they were on the driver kick panel, every one of them.