• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glovebox dataplate with no color code and 6 digit DSO

chuddy

I ran across a Bronco that is missing the color code on the glovebox door, and has "513000" for the DSO number. Do I need to get a Marti report to figure out why?

RSCOFLv.png

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yup, will answer some of your questions - and possibly raise a few new ones.....

Attachments

• 7A70CDB2-DCB1-43A6-B702-45CE7DE9333F.jpg
    7A70CDB2-DCB1-43A6-B702-45CE7DE9333F.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 38

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If it's a special order for special paint color, the Marti won't list the color either.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What color does it look like? Or if re-painted maybe you can find some hidden spots that might have been missed.

Here's an image of a Mustang Marti Report I found online with that DSO:
marti report dso 513000.jpg

OP
OP
C

chuddy

Interesting, I always thought the DSO started with the area it came from (so since that one is from Denver, shouldn't it start with 76)?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My understanding is once it is a special order the DSO is irrelevent to the sales area and only references the special order.

Forest service, construction companies, etc. can get special builds to this day. I think the current standard is you have to buy at least 10 of them. At which point you can have them built in non-standard combinations as well. King Ranch with vinyl floor painted purple? Buy 100 of them and I bet they will do it. My understanding (of current practice) is they build the first one, the buyer signs off it is correct, they get the rest of the batch made.
This is very much like how the Twister Special Mustangs and Torinos were built in '70. They were made for a race series as a special order but the series went bankrupt before delivery. They got turned into a special series for the Kansas City dealers.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And to that description, don't the letters "DSO" actually change meaning as well? A standard one means "District Sales Office" but a special one means "Dealer Special Order" or something along those lines?

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Interesting, I always thought the DSO started with the area it came from (so since that one is from Denver, shouldn't it start with 76)?

That's correct 51 is the DSO for the Denver area, and the other 4 digits are the special order number.

The Rosen-Novak Dealer Marti is the one from my 71'.

OP
OP
C

chuddy

That's correct 51 is the DSO for the Denver area, and the other 4 digits are the special order number.

The Rosen-Novak Dealer Marti is the one from my 71'.

Denver Broncos are 763000, does Denver have 2 DSO's?