• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Going back to uncut - need cut outs

Heus33

Bronco Guru
So my latest idea is to go back to the uncut look. After reading this article I've become inspired http://bigskybroncos.homestead.com/repairs.html

Any tips for fitting the rears? I'm concerned that if I can find some cut outs that they may not fit correctly. I'd like to modify the rears a bit like Bax and some others did. I've got 33's with a 3.5" lift.

Has anyone done this? Any tips or things I should watch out for?

By the way - I'm in the hunt for your old cut outs (front and rear) so if anyone has any please PM me.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I think using repro quarters would be your best bet. That way you'd know there would be enough metal there to do the trick. Odds aren't too good that somebody with cutouts will have cut out the exact shape you need to fill in. Seems like that would be a small nightmare to make it look good.

Unless you find somebody who put on some really large flares like warflares and you have regular sized ones, that might be ok.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Going to try a cut set from NicksTrix. I've got some concerns that it might not fit well too but its worth a shot for the cost of shipping.

Just one of my many 'crazy ideas for the week'. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

I gotta find me a welder too so no immediate rush.