• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Going to look at a NP435 tomorow... what spline count?

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
Hi all,

I'm going to look at a NP435 tomorow and just want to double check what spline count I should be looking for. If I remember right it's 28 for the output shaft...please correct if I'm wrong. It came out of an 82 F250 and is the "A" style bolt pattern for the transfer case adapter. Oh yea and I have a stock dana 20

Thanks,

Nik

Last edited:

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
if it does not work out let me know I know where the are about 4 of them down the road from me ;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
2 wd square pattern 28spline short shaft with a bearing retainer and a yoke on the end.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
this is from the WH site

use one from a 67-83 Ford truck F100-350 small block with a 28 spline output shaft and the square tail housing bolt pattern. We have also found them bolted up to 360 and 390 engines. If you find one in a four wheel drive, it's best to use the ones that are bolted directly to the transfer case. They usually have the correct output shaft.

I also might have a spare output shaft.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
So the "A" bolt pattern wont work then? And it can't be out of a 4x4?
You could make it work but it will cost more, You'll need to replace the output shaft with a correct one and get a dual pattern adaptor from AA..

OP
OP
nik

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
this is from the WH site

use one from a 67-83 Ford truck F100-350 small block with a 28 spline output shaft and the square tail housing bolt pattern. We have also found them bolted up to 360 and 390 engines. If you find one in a four wheel drive, it's best to use the ones that are bolted directly to the transfer case. They usually have the correct output shaft.

I also might have a spare output shaft.

Are the 4 that you are talking about above at the junkyard in Oside? I'd much rather go to Oceanside than El Cajon. And from what I've read it doesn't seem to be the right tranny anyways.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
yeah they were all 2wd's too ripe for the picking, that yard is super cheap too they only want 187 for a dana 60 front! too bad there never are any%)