• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Going to the Upholstery shop tomorrow, help me decide!

SeaVee

Contributor
So, 77 Ranger, came from factory Wimbledon White with the Blue Interior ( shown). I’ve looked for months for the factory pattern for the seats (SMS, Detroit Auto Fabric's, etc) No luck. So, down to these two choices from SMS. What looks best/closest to stock to you guys?
Pic of the original seat tag as well. This thing is box stock

Attachments

• IMG_1834.jpeg
    IMG_1834.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    470.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 101

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I would go with the Houndstooth/plaid. With the stripe it will look like you have Explorer seats in a Ranger.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First one reminds me of a hang ten shirt I was wearing as kid , the second one looks good

thatarchitect

Contributor
So, 77 Ranger, came from factory Wimbledon White with the Blue Interior ( shown). I’ve looked for months for the factory pattern for the seats (SMS, Detroit Auto Fabric's, etc) No luck. So, down to these two choices from SMS. What looks best/closest to stock to you guys?
Pic of the original seat tag as well. This thing is box stock
I have an avocado Ranger and SMS sent me two different houndstooth samples. The one on the seat is different from the one on the door. Who you get when you get samples sent out or call really changes the experience with them.

IMG_7207.jpg

Beau Nugget

Contributor
Loc.
NE Kansas
I would go with the second one, the small checkering. It looks much closer to original to me. And the stripes just seem like to much

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Is the striping option a woven type fabric? I kinda reminds me of the 78/79 Bronco interiors. I had a red version of the striping on my 79. I think the houndstooth is more EB. I'd probably go with that one. It is a simpler/cleaner pattern.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There was another company, Freewheeling(?) that had the houndstooth material. It was a bit different than what SMS offered - but closer than the two fabrics in your pics.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FWIW, found the samples from Freewheeling for comparison to yours. Have not done business with them, so can’t speak for lead times etc

image.jpg

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Houndstooth for the win- going to sell the other stuff if anyone is interested
I think that's a great choice! The stripes reminded me of fabric on
cruise ship lounge chairs.......
Going to look great when your done!

fishinman78

Contributor
Been waiting for 14 months for materials from SMS... No return calls, no emails, even spoke to a member who had to get an attorney involved to get materials because it was holding up a 6 figured build.

Would go anywhere else that has a houndstooth material you like.