• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

good air cleaner under stock hood?

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I have an Edelbrock 1221 on mine no clearance problems. The 1221 allows you to not have to use the banjo fitting on the Edelbrock carb.

66horse

Bronco Guru
here is the aircleaner I run. Well this is the housing. I run a K&N filter in it. Rubbed the under side of the hood slightly. now with 1 inch body lift it doesn't. Also, doesn't fit over electric choke (if you have one) without a little modification.<br><br>
FMS-M9600L302.jpg

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
I run the Edelbrock Elite valve covers and 3" air cleaner setup on top of a 1406 Performa carb and Performa manifold with adequate clearence. Changed the fuel inlet from a "straight in" setup to an adjustable right angle setup from Edelbrock.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=9948;start=0#73524 date=1034623686]<br>Thanks J-Dub, <br>[/quote]<br><br>No problem Dan

4byford

Loc.
Yucca Valley CA
Summit sells a drop base 14"x3" air filiter w/ paper element for around 17 bucks.... You can buy a 2" K&N filter ( if necessary) and will still come out ahead...

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I run a drop base with a 3" K&N. I put a qjet on and had to cut the hood and put a bubble on it since it did not fit. I don't know what everyone else does but with a Q jet it was out of room