• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good deal on Infinity 6000m tower speakers for the roll bar

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Holy Cow!

My only hesitation is the space taken up with the actual speaker.

What is your speaker config in your rig right now? You just have two smaller say 6.5's up front & those in the rear? Do they "fill" the vehicle with sound? What did you have to get to drive them?

They are beautiful, but huge!!!! I worry about having enough room for a box in the back!

Thanks!

MnkyBiz

OP
OP
S

SVTBolt

Loc.
Boise Idaho
I just have those with a pioneer mp3 deck and amp in the tuffy box. They do sound good, but acoustically my rig is not perfect...I have no carpet or insulation inside. I have focal speakers with JL amps in my f250 that really rock but that is a totally different type of rig. With the Kentrol cage they fit perfectly in the rear corners but they are big. The swiveling mounting brackets are metal and built to handle the roads we take these on. Being made for the boat industry, they can also handle the weather for those with soft tops. Speaking of soft tops, I can't wait for the switch. I might be out a couple of months here in Idaho though...

Soliday

Loc.
Northern VA
Could those mount to an upper bar and fold up against the top? If so, they would probably look and work nice in a family cage!
-Soliday

MichaelB14

Loc.
Cumming, GA
I think they are going to be way to big to "fold up" against the top.

THe 6100Ms come with a mic also so you can talk to the wakeboarder/skiier. Although I don't think that would be useful for the bronco.

That is one set of speakers I have never heard. Get cheaper cans by a good set of speakers. You will get off cheaper and probably better.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I broke down and ordered these suckers! I figure at this price, I am not going to find comparable sound quality. Infinity rocks anyway!

To go with it, I also purchased one of these! I'll be building a security shelf and then probably mounting a box on top of it, like the one from JBG, unless someone knows of one that is cheaper?!?!?!?!

OH well, baby isn't here yet, so it doesn't konw I am spending its college money....... ;D ;D ;D