• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ Good deal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalkidd46

Loc.
Los Angeles
Been searching for a perfect bronco for myself for quite a while now. I don't know anything about mechanics and what not but been in love with early broncos for as long as i can remember. Found this bronco on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971...Cars_Trucks?hash=item35a751aa52#ht_834wt_1167

Thoughts? Seem like a good deal for me?? Im more so looking for a daily driver not really needing a 4 wheeler since i live in los angeles.

If i do choose this one this is what i will change on it:

Total color change: inside and out including roll cage and bumpers (keeping seats and what not, etc)
X Line floor (possibly?)
Changing gauges on dash

Don't really know much about them to be honest, besides what helpful members have taught me in the past, so looking for HELP!! hahah any advice will be much appreciated..

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If you could get it for $9k I would get it, looks pretty decent.

How much is your budget for a Bronco?

OP
OP
S

socalkidd46

Loc.
Los Angeles
hey thanx for the advice.. I got about $20k give or take for a new (old) bronco or rebuild but times a factor. Been saving for a long time now hahah

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Doesnt seem to bad. I would also try to get it for less. One thing It would need to be a good daily driver is front disc brakes. I would also find out more about it like tire size and current axle gearing. both are good to know because its its to out of wack it may not be a good daily driver.

markperry

Bronco Guru
It looks like a nice Bronco.....That Art Carr shifter looks strange, I wonder why they mounted it so high in the air?%)...I also would try to get it for less than 10,000

red71sport

Loc.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Truck looks good, motor looks good (not that that tells us anything), what the heck is up with the shifter?? If you can get for $9K and your budget is $20K you should be fine. I would try for $7500. Just my 2 cents worth. No matter what you pay for it, if you get, Never ever sell it. You will hate yourself latter. 6 yrs latter I am still trying to fill the void!! But at least I am back in the hunt. I would be interested in that truck if it were closer.
-jim-

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
My honest opinion of that rig is it's not worth much more that $6-7K. It's missing the wipers, there's no heater box(in it), drum brakes all around, and there's no top. The shifter 'tower' looks goofy, and from what I can see the 'new wiring' looks kind of sloppy or not fully installed too... That does look like a typical Phx, AZ rig that looks to have some nice stuff on it, but it's an average rig around here... That said it does look fairly clean, and the interior is nice. I would be interested to see what's under the carpet and why there's bed liner on the bottom of the doors. I'm interested to see what it brings though,I'd be surprised if he gets his 'buy it now' price...

Now that said, it looks like a fine rig to buy and drive, but:

If you have $20k to spend on a rig, you could find a nice truck already done for that coin or buy a nice clean stocker for $3500-5000 and spend the rest to get what you want.

You already mentioned you'd change the color so your looking at $3-4K in materials and body work if you do the work and at least $10K for a complete paint job at a body shop if you can find one that will even do it. To have line-x sprayed your looking at between $500-1000. To redo the dash with custom gauges your looking at probably another $500-1000 also. At that point you've spent your $20K or more and you haven't touched the drive train or upgraded the brakes, which vary well may be in great shape, but what if it needs axle's and gears, or you want a locker or two? There goes at least another $1-2,000+. If the engine craps out in a couple of years your out even more... If you see where I'm going here, I think your better off with one done already or finding a cheaper rig to start with. But you could easily buy this one and drive it for several years, change what you want and enjoy it.

Good luck

Ed74

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I recommend speaking to Josh "Tito" on our forum. He is sincere, honest, and performs top notch work on Broncos. He is actually building a Bronco "to order" for any member who is interested. Search for his thread to learn more details. Best of luck in your search.

Ed

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I think it is a decent looking truck. The tilt steering column is nice, seats, new wiring harness is a big plus, etc. The shifter is "UGLY" but it would be a easy fix. The underside looks pretty clean. Here on the East Coast rust buckets are around but nice ones like this are hard to find. If you were on a tighter budget and can do some of the work yourself, it might be worth it.

On the other hand with a 20K budget, you should be able to find 100% of you what you want and simply drive it. There have been some super ones for 15-18K range.

OP
OP
S

socalkidd46

Loc.
Los Angeles
Here are the tire measurements and axle gearing:

33" Tires
Seller is not sure of axle gearing has dana 44 front, ford 9" rear, dana20 transfer, front brakes are drums but is power brakes and steering is power with tilt wheel

Does this help? Really appreciate the past posts!! Helped me out A LOT!!

gtownky

Loc.
Cynthiana,KY
Man, If I was you I would be patient and keep looking. There are some good deals out their now since the economy is so crappy. You may want to go to some of the bronco get togethers also. But I would just play the patient game and you will find what you want for that kind of money. You will probably find what you want for less money and then you will have extra to do up grades later with. Keep looking on here in the classafied sec and ask alot of questions. The guys will not steer you wrong.

OP
OP
S

socalkidd46

Loc.
Los Angeles
Yeah i hear ya brother... thats what ive been doing. Its just getting to be over 2 years now searching for something "perfect" for me.. and im starting to become inpatient. But your right, ill wait for something better... was just wondering what you guys thought about the rigs i found so far and if it would be feasible to get it to the look/level i want. Thank you, much appreciated!

... the search continues...

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
.....That Art Carr shifter looks strange

>>>>> that's a b&m pro-rachet.... as for why it's mounted so high & "ugly" .... he or the previous owner probably did it for the same reason I did.... I was more concerned about functionality than what people thought of the looks... with a console/armrest my hand is right by the shifter instead of reaching for it.....countless numbers of race trucks also mount shifters that high near the steering wheel for functionality reasons........

Attachments

• P5071366.JPG
    P5071366.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.