• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good things come to those who wait! '67 Military!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So within a couple of weeks, a 67' military and a 68' u13.............if your trend continues, what could possibly be next!

clarrance

Bronco Guru
So within a couple of weeks, a 67' military and a 68' u13.............if your trend continues, what could possibly be next!

I'm guessing he will drag home a early 71 Stroppe, the Green Acres Bronco, or the Shelby Bronco. That's the only thing I can't think of that could trump what Jimmy already has.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I'm guessing he will drag home a early 71 Stroppe, the Green Acres Bronco, or the Shelby Bronco. That's the only thing I can't think of that could trump what Jimmy already has.

I highly doubt it, but if it happens I won't complain!

Whats funny is, earlier this year I said I wasn't buying another unless it was something rare/unusual. I've had better luck finding those than the more common ones. ?:?

The '68 U13 isn't mine though, it belongs to Dad. I bought my '66 U13 back in July, and he thought it would be neat for us both to have U13s. Who wouldve thought I'd find him a '68.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
How many 68' u13's are owned by members here? 4 or 5 that I can think of?

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Dad just bought a '75 parts truck last week, that by miracle happened to have an older steering wheel with a '67 horn button! So lets just say the button made it's way to the '67. ;D

I went ahead and replaced the fuel line with a new one that we already had. Someone had zip tied a copper line in.

List of things to do -

*New Exhaust
*Recover Seats
*Finish Brake Job
*Pressure Wash Undercarriage
*Clean & Detail Inside And Engine Bay
*Front Bumper

Hopefully I can get all of that done fairly quick, then focus more on others.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Got the Marti...

Attachments

• U15FLB06005_dlxrpt-page-001.jpg
    U15FLB06005_dlxrpt-page-001.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
So... Is that 590 military Broncos?...or 872?

From what I've gathered, that is 590 government DSO orders. Which means if TVA or other government agencies ordered them, it counts toward that number. From the research I've done, it seems that Ford built 120 Broncos for military use.

The 872 is just for special order paint codes.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Got the new exhaust kit from Shelton Manufacturing installed. I went with the original stock system. I highly recommend this kit for a stock restoration/replacement. Went together easy, looks great, and is top notch quality. A great improvement over the previous setup.

Now for the next upgrade, interior. I'm a little torn on what to do. I want the factory rosette pattern in the seat covers, but so far I have only found the fronts with the correct pattern. Have yet to find ones for the rear. So I need to decide whether to put a rear seat back in it or leave it out. ?:?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it looked 'done' to me. I'm not sure I would change a thing....Well maybe one thing. I would swap out that Heep rim that's on the left front!!...( Sorry Jimmy)... It is definitely a cool Bronco!

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
HaHa!!! Stay at it Jimmy, ya' got to have it done by April so we can all see it at
Super Celebration!!!!;D;D;D

It'll be there. ;)

Things done:
-Fuel Tank
-Fuel Line
-Exhaust
-Brakes
-New Belt
-New Starter Cable
-New Air Filter
-Light On Top And Other Accessories Working
-Siren Installed