• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

got screwed by the bronco graveyard... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

buknbronco

JBG has been good to me. They have had some backorder issues, but so has the other guys. I have always recieved what I have ordered. Just my .01.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
JBG has been good to me. They have had some backorder issues, but so has the other guys. I have always recieved what I have ordered. Just my .01.

My :-X LAST :-X order from them was a big one, they had everything except the Track Bar drop bracket, My card was charged for everything then 6 weeks later I get an e-mail stating that the bracket was in but they would not ship because they could not charge my CC for the part, DUH, I use a prepaid card for online orders and put enough on it to cover what I order + $20 just in case shipping is higher, I checked and I still have $20 on that card and no drop bracket(until sat. when I fab it)
I have ordered from the big 3, JBG, Chuck, And WH On all the orders before that one I have always been treated great by all, and service was top notch with all. As for me I am going to stick with Chuck, even when I had to cancel an order it was handled very professionaly and with no problems crediting my CC for the cancelled item

Last edited:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Some parts I have parts shipped from WH or Jeff's. They do the same for my parts. It is a courtesy thing. Saves the customer from making the 2ed call.
Many parts from BC Broncos are drop shipped from another vendor. If you order from BC and they don't carry it they will order it from a vendor on your behalf.

Right?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Some parts I have parts shipped from WH or Jeff's. They do the same for my parts. It is a courtesy thing. Saves the customer from making the 2ed call.

Thats pretty cool, never experienced that before but it does make sense with the shared items.

Hogback

coming from a sales and purchasing background, its amazing to me how many people will rattle off an order and wont ask for a confirmation.
Thats why i like to buy online, you print out an order confirmation, check to be sure it's the parts you want. If they come in wrong, there is no pointing of fingers.
If you order verbally, make them read the order back to you and make sure all the information is right.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
On line orders are better for everyone including the vendor. But even then sometimes people will find an angle to not take the blame. Most EB owners are straight up people But the new EB owners...well maybe they just havn't gotten over owning a J**p yet :)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Am I the only one that's not understanding this comment ?:? Turn signal housing = park light housing on the grille. That's your problem, there is no bearing in that part, blinker fluid yes, bearing no...... :p

You beat me to it.
I've ordered a lot of parts from JBG only had one problem I thought I ordered a rear quarter window trim piece when it arrived it was a huge box opened it up to find a whole quarter window but no trim piece I rechecked the P/N I ordered in the catalog it was correct then went to the internet and found that the trim piece I ordered had a different number than the catalog so the P/N i used out of the catalog was actually for the quarter window. I call JBG and told them what I had discovered they told me to keep the window and sent me the trim piece free of charge.

broncofiresmith

I have ordered many items from JBG over the years and have never had a problem with shipping or customer service. They have always been friendly, quick and accurate for me. :)

silverbullet

Loc.
Columbia, MO
Some venders you have great experiences with and some not. I have one that I have come to depend on soley because of their non-stop reliability and one, that some love, that seems to have something wrong everytime I order from them.

Just find the ones you like and stick with them.

kntr

Bronco Guru
I only order from BC, WH, Toms, or Sexton Offroad. I have had too may problems with James Duff and JBG.

Ive restored 5 broncos and a 78 F150 so Ive ordered LOTS of parts in the last 6-7 years.

icemanup

Loc.
Ripley WV
I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from Jeff's since I got my Bronco last July and have been very pleased with them thus far. Only had one issue and that was with a pair of rear wheel wells that I was not happy with but they took them back with no problem. I ended up getting the replacements from Tom's and was very happy with them. My next big purchase is probably going to be a 2.5" lift from WH mainly because of the customer service so many have so highly touted on here. In short I second the opion that without the vendors it would be a real PITA to try to repair, rebuild, relace our beloved Bronco's.
Just my opinon though.

Not to leave Chuck out I'm sure at some point he'll get some of my hard earned $$$ too, been eyballing a new tank. LOL

meckanik

Loc.
Issaquah, WA
I wasn't going to reply but since this has become a rather popular thread...

BC Broncos is KICK ASS! They are great on the phone and they work overtime to get things right. I've ordered quite a bit from them and they always make me happy. Wild Horses has been very good as well.

Bronco Graveyard did not make me very happy the last time I ordered from them. I needed some shift rail interlocks ASAP and ordered some other parts I kind of needed but could have gotten more complete from BC. I expressed (UPS Blue) the order over and it turns out the interlocks were never shipped as they were out of stock.

The F-WADS never called me. I found out by opening the box.

I called and complained and they did nothing. Bronco Graveyard is now last on my list - after scouring Google, eBay and posting here I MIGHT call them.

-P.O.J.

rustynal

Loc.
Duvall WA
seems everytime I order something from the bronco graveyard they send me the wrong thing. last time I ordered some SS outer brake lines for my front disk brakes & they sent me the extended lines from to axle to the frame.. this time I ordered the turn signal housing for my 67 & I got one from another year, the bearing from mine wouldn't fit in the smaller hole of the one they sent me.. :mad: anyways, since I'm leaving out of town tomorrow I had to enlarge the hole to make it work.

there great people, I just wish they coulld send me the right stuff the first time..
ok, I'm done bitchen..

Why do you continue to order from them if they suck so bad?

Seems like plenty of people are pretty quick to complain about vendors for repeated issues. Hell, it's your money, spend it the way you choose. If youre not happy the first or second time with a vendor why would you go back for more? Get over it and buy from someone else.

I've bought plenty from all mentioned vendors and have had nearly no issues to date, maybe I'm just lucky?

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
I dont mean to be rude or step on any toes here, but seems to me that everytime something like this comes up everyone always says dont bash the vendors on the forum. If that isnt how it is anymore thats fine, but unless something has changed why dont we stop nit picking every little thing that has gone wrong. Everyone is entitled to having a bad day. If it happens once call it a mistake, twice...complain, third time if you let it go that far dont use them again and leave it at that. Rant done, Im too new here to piss people off that help me out, thanks guys :).

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
racebronco, did you contact them and give them a chance to clear it up? Per site rules you can only complain about a vendor if you've first given them a chance to make it right.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I've ordered some stuff from JBG and never had any problems. Everything was done online. I actually have yet to have a "bad" experience with a vendor. So far in my build, I have dealt with WH, JBG, James Duff, Complete Offroad, and Currie. No complaints for any of them, but I am SUPER impressed with Mike at Complete Offroad. He goes above and beyond. Also, the guys at WH and Currie are also in the "above and beyond" category from my experiences.

dedgar

I've ordered big orders from Toms and JD and had excellent results. I've had really great service from Toms too.

I don't think I've ordered from BG, but I've ordered so much over the past years it's hard to keep track...

OP
OP
racebronco

racebronco

Loc.
Jeffersonville, IN
Am I the only one that's not understanding this comment ?:? Turn signal housing = park light housing on the grille. That's your problem, there is no bearing in that part, blinker fluid yes, bearing no...... :p

they call it a switch housing ( where your turn signal lever is), it holds the upper steering column bearing (pg 119 of there new catalog).

racebronco, did you contact them and give them a chance to clear it up? Per site rules you can only complain about a vendor if you've first given them a chance to make it right.

I gave them a chance to make it right last time & they never sent the right part leaving me stuck @ home instead of out wheeling. I don't have time for them to send me another part unless I want to stay home again.. and I don't..

Why do you continue to order from them if they suck so bad?

Seems like plenty of people are pretty quick to complain about vendors for repeated issues. Hell, it's your money, spend it the way you choose. If youre not happy the first or second time with a vendor why would you go back for more? Get over it and buy from someone else.

I've bought plenty from all mentioned vendors and have had nearly no issues to date, maybe I'm just lucky?

sometimes they are the only ones to have a part Im looking for. this is only my second time ordering from them so now I know..

Status
Not open for further replies.