• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got screwed - Update

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
As some of you may remember, I posted up a couple of weeks ago about the 302 I bought that supposedly had very low miles, but the compression readings were between 85-110. (It was already out of the vehicle, so I couldn't check the compression until it was installed in mine, at which point it was too late. I trusted the guy...) Took it wheeling today for the first time this year - Finally!, and while I really love the C4 and Atlas, the motor has so much blowby that when I'm on the gas climbing rocks it blows oil (LOTS) out the dipstick tube. :(

Howard (mtn_bronco) on here has offered me a good 302 for essentially nothing, just some wrenching help. I never imagined someone would do that, but gotta say it's awesome. While I now have to pull the drivetrain again, :mad: I wanted to provide an update and publicly thank Howard for his generosity.

Unfortunately until this is done it won't come out of the garage, which means no Moab Bronco Safari for me this year. :-[ However, because of the generosity of a fellow EB'er, it won't have to sit in the garage all summer.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i feel your pain, bro. my bronco has had 2 bad engines in a row. it's going to miss fab fords tomorrow and bronco daze next week. i probably won't make big bear bash either.