• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GPS Cord. in Los Coyotes Res.

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
Does anyone have the GPS cordinates for Bobsled and Toboggan hill in Los Coyotes Indian Reservation in SoCal???

We have a group of EB's going out tomorrow moring and none of us have been on these two trails yet.

Thanks for any help

SeanNollan

Talk to Dusty.

Dusty should have this info, or it might be posted in the file section on socalbroncos.

OP
OP
blackjack

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
nope

No those are the two spot he does not have the GPS cordinates for, I was just trying to track them down. I did some general searching ont he net and couldn't find anything for those two specific spots..

Thanks for the reply..

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Yeah I've looked extensively on the Net and couldn't find them. By this time tomorrow we will have gotten them the hard way!

Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
By the way, if anyone from CB wants to go with us, meet us at the campground at LC by 9:00 AM tomorrow. We usually don't get much interest for runs on this forum so I hadn't posted it here yet.

Dusty

C4

Sorry.....no GPS, just put it out there, better than nothing i guess.

SeanNollan

Send my ass a beer for all this hard work.

1 6 pack sent to Manhattan Beach would be fine.

Los Coyotes Indian Reservation San Diego reserve 331756N 1163316W - Hot Springs Mountain

Los Coyotes Reservation Campground San Diego locale 331622N 1163238W 4650 Hot Springs Mountain

Hope this helps,

Sean

C4

why dont i make it an even 24 Pk, will next day Fedex work?

SeanNollan

It's all about the waypoints.

I called Dusty last night and he brought up a couple points.

1. Few Topos list Points of Intrests for a 4 wheeler. Instead you get things like "ecofreak springs" "BLM Closed This Road Tailhead"
So when I'm on my trips I'm going to waypoint any little trail that I felt was fun in the 4wd department. When I get back I'm going to move that log over to the file that Dusty has at Socalbroncos.

2. Back in the 80's, my dad had these maps that lists every little trail by its S number ie s2345 and had all these cool tails that topos didn't have. I'm going to try and find the name of these and see if i can get it scanned and uploaded. I really don't know how much of it is left. These things online are way better than any topo I've used.

3. While on my trip to Cerro Gordo -John the caretaker told me about the past few GPS trips to update the topos. He talks about the truck driving by the mine and pointing and writing down the cords. This was very that was very true as I almost drove into an open shaft. I though I had another 1000ft to go when I only had 10 at best. Thank god I'm smart enough to get out and look.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
blackjack said:
Does anyone have the GPS cordinates for Bobsled and Toboggan hill in Los Coyotes Indian Reservation in SoCal???

Mission Accomplished!
Bobsled Run: N33°20.488' W116°31.610'
Toboggan Hill: N33°20.656' W116°31.757'

Dusty