• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GREETNGS from Arizona

Cause

Loc.
Sedona area Arizona
New to this site as of today. But... not new to the early Bronco. I got my first one in 1984 and had it for 28 years, It went thru a lot of Changes... I have had a number of others over the years. I retired in 2013 and moved from Colorado (Co. Sprgs.) to a new built home in Buckeye AZ, ...but, it was just too #%@& HOT and had to sell a few of my toys as there wasn't enough room... In '19 found a great place up by Sedona Az, a bit over an acre in an unincorporated area with a LARGE garage detached with an oversized attached. So now I am here with eleven vehicles/toyz, retired and enjoying it all. I missed the Bronco and went on a five-year search to find a one to replace my old one. Absolutely No rust and Uncut. I finally found it in Dec of this past year 2021. It is a near pristine 1967 Half Cab, close to my original one. With the exception of a susp, lift and a body lift and 33x12.5 tires it is fairly all original. I do intend to take the 'body-lift' off, put less 'aggressive' tires under and then see how I like the way it sets. May even drop the susp. lift down... it deserves a good 'Normal' life (whatever that is) This one is just too nice to mess with! IMO
I may find another to 'mess' with.

I'm not intending to take it far off road, (now don't hate) I have a couple other vehicles to fill that need now. This one will be more of a... sorry... Garage Queen! (again, please don't hate) it will be driven, taken to local shows and stuff like that. As said it is just too nice to mess with!

'...happy to have found this site. '

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte

hossbronco

Contributor
Welcome aboard, and no need to apologize! The Bronco community accepts all types. That’s one thing I love about this group. We can all be so different, but we have a common interest (and in many cases obsession) that bring us together. Please keep us updated on your vehicle. We’d love to see pictures!

OP
OP
Cause

Cause

Loc.
Sedona area Arizona
I would be happy to post photo's. I'm working on the 'Contributor' thing to get the 'permit'...

The Avatar is a bit of a 'tease' of my newest acquisition
A 'pristine' 67 half-cab.

Thanks for the WELCOME...

Ken

hossbronco

Contributor
Agreed, very clean and very nice! I wish mine started out looking like that!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely tall! I think at least slightly lower with at least narrower wheels to tuck slightly narrower tires more under the fenders would be a great look.
I like your choice of tune-age for your garage too! Is that a Panasonic 8-track player/recorder there up on the shelf?;):)
Looks kind'a like a Sansui from here, but not deep enough. And I really don't think they made an 8-track anyway!

Have fun with your new-to-you toy in your almost-new-to-you digs. Brother was looking in Sedona (to get out of Phoenix) but was just not finding what he wanted if you can believe that. Ended up in Boise instead!

Keep the pics coming.
And don't hesitate to hook up with the other Bronco owners in the region. Lots of fun stuff going on in different parts of the state, with some great owners.

Paul

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Welcome! Very clean Bronco! Sedona is one amazing place. Let me know if you need any help with insurance

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Great looking rig there. Also wish mine were that nice when I got started. Welcome and enjoy. Keep those legs tanned!

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Welcome (back) to AZ. Love it here but not the summers. I usually escape back to San Diego pre Covid. If you are ever down Phoenix way drop by. I am in Tempe.

OP
OP
Cause

Cause

Loc.
Sedona area Arizona
FIRST; I want to thank all for the kind words regarding the new toy!
It is nice to receive warm greetings here !

Just a Little info: --lived in Colorado for about 34 yrs--

My First early Bronco was in 1979 (titled a '66, but it was a 66,68,69,73,74 and a few other things).
I kept it for 34 years. When I retired and built a new home out in Buckeye AZ I just didn't have the room for it and some of the other cars.
I have also had a few other early Broncos along the way. OK, several!
I had to let it go when I moved to AZ. after about 3 years I decided it was just too warm for me down there and found a great place up North here... better weather, over an acre, a large detached garage, and an oversized attached. About 4ksft total in garage/shop space.

I really missed the Bronco, I had a three year search to find a decent replacement. This one was found in Dec '21, a VERY nice '67 original half-cab !
My first one was totally built, Built 351, 5:11's, Gleason Torsen in 44 front, Detroit locker in rear, 4" suspension, 2" body, glass halfcab, full cage in side, double bar in back, 8k Warn, Glass hood, Flares, door inserts, soft doors,, fabbed bumpers, three tanks.., 23 ga rear, 16g on left side 18g on right side, Disc's, pwr brakes/steering, floating rear, there was not a part that hadn't been redone.
I'll post pics if wanted later, they are on an old laptop.
I was previously associated with High Country 4x4 up near Denver if anyone has heard of it.
(before it turned Jeep, ha ha)

The 'new' UH14 is just too nice to mess with. I'm taking the 3" body lift off, going down to all terrain's 30's, 7" rims, and may even switch out the nearly 4" susp. lift, 2 at the most.

I have other toys:
Porsche 968 Cabriolet, Porsche 914/6, SHELBY GT500 Convertible, '71 Plymouth Scamp 416cid, 727 w/Ford narrowed (48") Nodular 9" by Currie 4:11's Detroit Locker. Ford F150 Supercab 4x4, three (yes 3) Jeeps and a Polaris 1000 RZR. Retired is Good !

If ya'al have any questions, please feel free to ask.
I may have some of my own, and I may be able to answer some others.

I take the SHELBY to quite a few shows around locally and will do the same with the Halfcab, now don't hate, the Bronco will be driven, just not torn up, respected as it should be at its prime age! LoL

I would CERTAINLY like to meet other Bronco fans in the area... so let me know where you are!

Ken

---sorry for long winded post, thought it might help.
Please Note: I joined as a CONTRIBOR my first day here, to let all know I am serious!

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Was your previous truck that was part of the High Country crew featured in the Four Wheeler article on their rigs back in the 80s (shot in Denver stadium as I recall) ? I presume the floater was built on Alan's recipe with the front spindle/hub/rotor on the back?

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Cause

Cause

Loc.
Sedona area Arizona
Was your previous truck that was part of the High Country crew featured in the Four Wheeler article on their rigs back in the 80s (shot in Denver stadium as I recall) ? I presume the floater was built on Alan's recipe with the front spindle/hub/rotor on the back?

Todd Z.
Article titled as 'The Denver Broncos', photos while in the stadium ! I should still have a copy around somewhere.
I have known Al for many, many, many years. We first met while he was still working as a machinist for Norgstrum (sp?) and began in the garage at his house in Littleton Co, parted a LOT of Broncos there, he really started parting them out and selling the parts!

Do you recall his red Bronco with the weird grid graphics on the sides? Recall the engine bay with the Stainless Steel inner fenders and surround in it? I fabricated all of it and installed it for him while he was till working from his home garage! Man, seems like forever ago!

He 'retired' from his beloved HC4x4, kind of sort of... sold or is the process of finalizing selling the shop, and has moved down here in Arizona, he has a very nice place in Mesa.
Truely one of the nicest people I have ever known. He now lives here in Arizona, in Mesa, a really nice home! ...and of course an outstanding Home Garage/Shop...
Do you know him? Have we met? just curious.

Ken T.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Article titled as 'The Denver Broncos', photos while in the stadium ! I should still have a copy around somewhere.
I have known Al for many, many, many years. We first met while he was still working as a machinist for Norgstrum (sp?) and began in the garage at his house in Littleton Co, parted a LOT of Broncos there, he really started parting them out and selling the parts!

Do you recall his red Bronco with the weird grid graphics on the sides? Recall the engine bay with the Stainless Steel inner fenders and surround in it? I fabricated all of it and installed it for him while he was till working from his home garage! Man, seems like forever ago!

He 'retired' from his beloved HC4x4, kind of sort of... sold or is the process of finalizing selling the shop, and has moved down here in Arizona, he has a very nice place in Mesa.
Truely one of the nicest people I have ever known. He now lives here in Arizona, in Mesa, a really nice home! ...and of course an outstanding Home Garage/Shop...
Do you know him? Have we met? just curious.

Ken T.
Cool - that's the article I was thinking of! I definitely remember his red Bronco (it was later painted black, I was told?). I think it was the only EB featured prominently in all 3 major 4WD magazines at the time (cover of Petersen's 4WOR). I can tell you to this day where I was when I purchased the Off Road magazine with the article in it - I was a freshman in college and that truck made a huge impression on me. I'll have to go back and look at the pics of the engine compartment as I don't recall that. Only 34 years ago!

I had no idea he had moved to AZ! I have never met him in person. We probably haven't met unless you've been to some Bronco events in AZ - or maybe we walked past each other at a car show :).

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
@toddz69

I just noticed your 'Phoenix/Prescott, Az' location.
Are you anywhere near the Verde Valley area? Sedona/Cottonwood... ?

I've lived full-time in Phoenix for the past 29 years - moved here for work right out of college in Jan '93. I grew up in Prescott and still call it "home" - my parents are thankfully still alive and still live in the house I grew up in and I still spend as much time as I can four wheeling and driving around the area. I sometimes make it to the Verde Valley too!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Cause

Cause

Loc.
Sedona area Arizona
Outstanding.

Next time you are up this way give a shout out.
I don't get down to the Pheonix area much, just haven't had much reason to!
We have a small group here that does a Cruise-in like every Saturday Morning to a breakfast in Cottonwood and Village Of Oak Creek... also most attend at the local shows around. There is a mix of custom and hot-rods... some very nice cars. I'll usually take the Shelby, sometimes one of the Porches, or even a Jeep... I need to get the Bronco to a reasonable height and a couple other things I'd like to do and get it in the mix!
I'm sure it would be well received, as there probably not too many that would have even ever seen one. At least one not as nice as this is!

If you hear of a Bronco gathering down your way please let me know, I'd love to see some fine Fords !