• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Grinding Stock Manifolds with GT40P Heads

Eoth

Bronco Guru
For those of you who have ground their stock manifolds to fit the GT40P heads, I am looking for any pics showing clearance . My thought is to use the explorer spark plug boots with the stock metal heat shields. At this point I have enough clearance for the boot and shield but the shield is touching the manifold. Should I keep grinding till daylight or stop now?

OP
OP
Eoth

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Thanks... I had already seen that one. The sock makes it hard to see the actual clearance and the original poster isn't very "conclusive" if things are going to work out.....

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Grind them until your comfortable with the fit and you can easily remove the boot and plug with a wrench. A lot more metal there than you would think.

Last guy I knew that used a set of stock manifolds used the heat socks too. Cheap insurance IMHO.

OP
OP
Eoth

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I'm already at that point.... I have some booties but they will touch the manifold. its not tight but they do touch. I just dont want to stop grinding too soon or too late.....