• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gt40 vs. Gt40p heads

evkennedy

Loc.
Covington
I am sure this has been discussed many times. I know the difference that the spark plugs are on an angle for the p heads. What advantages or disadvantages donthe two have.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The P flows better. how much better I don't remember. I remember someone once had a mustang site that had the flow numbers.

The P does NOT have the exhaust riser for carb heat or internal EGR

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Very simlar heads but the P heads do flow slightly better even with there smaller exhuast valves. either one would be a good upgrade over stock but only if you get them real cheap. Overall I'd rather go with the standard gt40's. much less fitment issues and more overall capibility.
but still I wouldnt expect more than a 30 hp gain if that from either head. Flow numbers dont always equal HP and dont tell the whole story there are many other aspects involved.

Last edited: