• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GT40p heads and block?

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
When the man says block.....is it JUST the block or is it block rotating assembly and the heads.

I picked up GT40P heads for $30 or was it $35 each at the local yard. Had to pull them myself....

A complete core can be had for $300-$400 around here. Less if you know where to look.

What are your plans? maybe look into a complete running Explorer and wet everything you want/need and sell/scrap the rest.....Might even make a buck or three.

Tim

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
No front dress? Also check on the rotating assembly, if it is apart I would max go 200 with no front dress, with the front dress add another 100.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I bought a complete 2000 explorer 5.0 (minus front dress) with 85K miles and 90 day warranty from my local yard for $350.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I bought a complete 2000 explorer 5.0 (minus front dress) with 85K miles and 90 day warranty from my local yard for $350.

Now that has to be one of the best scores ever - gotta feel good about that one.

edgeoffroad04

Eoth, would you mind sharing the name of your yard you scored the explorer 5.0 engine from? I'm 2 hours from Erie.

SteamDonkey

Loc.
Olympia
Edge, What heads does the roush 302? GT40? GT40P? other? what were the headman headers spec'd for? header model?
Reason I ask I have 76 bronco with auto trans....I have a 302 roller cam / roller rocker engine on the way and it has the GT40P heads... I have been reading the threads and it does not sound like there are a lot of options as far as headers go...hoping to find long tube headers to fit.. I know Bronco Hut sells a set of shorties and I have been told the MAC headers for the fox body mustang will work... but would rather have long tubes ... thanks steve j aka ateamdonkey

edgeoffroad04

Steamdonkey, I have the stock 73 heads on my roush short block. So not much help I can be to you. Im currently in the market for an upgrade.