• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

guns in the Bronco

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
I know not everyone lives in war torn county of Shelby, that surrounds Memphis, but lets say it's an adventure every time you go out on the road. I am looking for a way to stow a gun on board that is easy to get to while driving or at a light but to not easy to find. I was thinking something like a fold in speedometer that has a gun behind it. I carry an off duty gun but its hard to get to while sitting. A small .380 or a single or two shot .410/45 darrenger. Anyone have any good ideas?

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Build a mount underneath your dash to mount a holster to. My off duty holster will slide between the dash and steering column on my other truck and lock in.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I carry a Ruger LCP with crimson trace and loaded with buffalo bore +P. I keep it in a wallet type holster and in my back pocket. In my truck, I stick it in the cubby in my dash (F250 SD) ... the gun is small enough to put just about anywhere, even in your front pocket. If you have a center console, you could fab a small pocket on the side between your seat or even on your seat much easier than making a folding speedo etc. Won't be as trick but definitely worth it. When I get my seat upholstered in my EB, I am going to have a bocket sewn in and hidden on the side of my seat just for my LCP.

helo-mech

When I am wearing pants, I keep mine in my ankle holster with my pants leg pulled up and tucked behind the grip. I wear it in the inside of my leg so it is not seen. In shorts I keep a small belt pouch under my shirt. If I get pulled out of the vehicle, our bail out, I want mine with me.

I also have a spandex type thing that goes around my waist to carry. Don't use it much except for walks. Getting to it from any of these places is not any slower than out of a compartment in a vehicle. You have the advantage of it being on you in the event you have to to exit the vehicle and you don't have to worry about it while you are in a store.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Couldn't you find a way to make the barrel rise out of the tip of the fenders? The way the front fenders have that little hump in the top I can see them fitting in there real nice. remote trigger...

Oh, hand gun. Something you can take with you and don't have to aim the whole rig to get a shot in.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
May I recommend a turret and minigun? Nothing says "don't mess with me" like 4,000 rounds/minute.

Attachments

• mini.JPG
    mini.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 57

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Let me be the first to say this: Why can't we just get along? :)

Buy a magnetic mount for you gun. Install on the side of your Tuffy Console or underneath dash.

I prefer the fake round speaker (on driver's side door bottom) cover that slides to the side when you need to store your weapon for a moment or two. Someone looks in and they see nothing unusual. Remember to install a fake bottom screw that is glued in. You could also install a flip out speaker grill with a metalic holster attached to it. It allows you to access it when ever and it is concealable.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I haven't thought of a place to keep mine in the EB yet since it ain't on the road yet, but in my truck I either keep it in the door pocket, or wedged between the seat and console. If you pull it out when its wedged between the seat it comes right outta the holster. My off-duty gun is an XD-9 sub-compact, I'd recommend it to anyone. Comes with a shorty 10 rounder and a extended 16 round magazine. Here's a pic with his big brother XDm-45, which is my new duty weapon.

Attachments

• XDs.jpg
    XDs.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 41

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Reach under the dash where you want to find it, and then build a mount there for it.
Let me be the first to say this: Why can't we just get along?
Come on down for a visit! :D Just be sure your life insurance is up-to-date. ;) When I moved here, I had tiny .25 auto jammed all the way back in the door pocket where it was difficult for me to get at, and a bunch of junk in the pocket making it hard to see or even notice. It was stolen at the Getwell Sam's Club by the tire guys on my first (and last) visit. I called the MPD from the service desk, and the cops didn't even care.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I wouldn't leave a gun in the Bronco, except maybe in a locked tuffy box. I would fab up something to go beside the drivers seat, maybe sew some velcro into the side of the seat cover and use a velcro holster similar to what you would put inside a tac vest or gun case. I did something very similar in my patrol vehicle, but the holster was simply a friction fit between the console and the seat. You just need the gun to be held in place with a quick easy draw.

Remember in a car jacking situation it is 'natural' to reach and undo your seat belt, so if you can draw from that area and create a distraction with your left hand, you'll get 'roscoe' out with ease..... Reaching under the dash or somewhere else will only draw attention to what your doing, or that your going to fight back... You have to think tactically about this or it's not worth doing IMO.

trailbound

Thanks to

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

I keep it on me. And I carry a service model xd40. In all reality it's tactically better to have it on you. In my truck on long drives I'm perfectly comfortable. If I feel like it, I'll unholster and push it between seat cushion.
If your dead set on just sticking it somewhere I would recommend descretly mounting a kydex holster whether it be in a fab'd door pocket or against the tuffy.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Lemme just clarify that I take it with me when I get out...

Blackhawk has a interchangeable holster system as well. Maybe you could rig up something on the side of the console and simply attach it to that while driving then detach it when you get out and put in on your hip attachment. They may have it only for tactical holsters though I'm not sure. I use a serpa holster or inside the pants holster off duty.

trailbound

I love my serpa, but I'm a big guy and I don't carry a small piece of iron. So IWB and a polo shirt is all I need.

OP
OP
ochretoe

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
I like the idea of a holster sewn into the seat. I have the Ranger seat that msweb gave me. I think this summer when I put them in I will sew a tuck pocket in next to the seatbelt clip. I like the area of having it handy while I unbuckle. It will also make it easier to get it to and from my back hoster getting in and out. Thanks for the great ideas.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I just throw mine into the Tuffy console. I've thought about attaching a holster in there, but haven't got a round to it. what I like about that console, is that it's so big you could keep a cannon in there, and keep it locked up while walkin around with somethin a little more concealeable

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I carry a M&P .40 on me... just not all the time. I have started keeping my .357 GP100 in the Tuffy console but I would like to add some sort of holster for it in there. I dont like it bouncing around even though it is a stainless model.

I like the light weight and the 15 rounds in the M&P but for shear knock down power and wow factor the .357 is my favorite. I used to have a .44 but it was over the top crazy... TOO big and heavy for anything but deer hunting.

Like the above poster said... if I get a chance to buy another hand gun I am going to get the XD-9 sub compact .45. That is a sweet conceal weapon.

Greg