• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Guru's please help: Glass Filter at Carb going empty

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So when you are adding this electric pump I take it you are also removing the mech one?

Yes , use a block off plate , probably available at most parts stores. I've seen 'em around anyways. With a low pressure pump such as this , there is no need for return lines etc , or pressure regulators really , since the pump has it internally.
Block off plate :
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-1516?gclid=CNjI9_Tii7ACFeEDQAod3FZZoA

Carter fuel pump : seems spendy , but they have an outstanding reputation for lasting a very long time.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-P4070/

Bulletman

You have a fuel supply issue, the fuel is supplied by the pump to the filter/carb-- if you have eliminated the tank/lines/another filter/by sitting a can of gas on the fender to supply the pump then it's either the pump/eccentric/or lines at the pump or at the filter/carb. I would double-check that the eccentric is not loose again and either replace the pump or as suggested bypass the mechanical with an electric pump and I'm betting your problems will go away.

OP
OP
E

Ensane13

Loc.
Sandy Hook
You have a fuel supply issue, the fuel is supplied by the pump to the filter/carb-- if you have eliminated the tank/lines/another filter/by sitting a can of gas on the fender to supply the pump then it's either the pump/eccentric/or lines at the pump or at the filter/carb. I would double-check that the eccentric is not loose again and either replace the pump or as suggested bypass the mechanical with an electric pump and I'm betting your problems will go away.

Yeah I opened the front of the motor again to recheck eccentric. I am going to put an electric pump In line today and see if it fixes the issue. I will also order a gauge to put inline as well so I can know the pressure. I will update when I get some answers for you guys, thanks for the help