• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

H4 headlights.

hdfx81

http://www.classicgarage.com Nice products at reasonable prices. I have the Neolite H4 round headlight w/curved lens in my bronco and love them.

Attachments

• 100_0013.jpg
    100_0013.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_0024.jpg
    100_0024.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0011.jpg
    100_0011.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

blubberfet

I have the Hella E-code H4 and love them. I got them at 4wheelparts for less than $100. If you don't have a relay upgrade that helps out a ton. I did relays with the headlights and I can see great at night now.

willtel

I also use the Hella E-codes, mine have the 5 watt city light that I wired to come on with the parking lights. I have only driven it in the dark 2 times so far and I need to aim them better but they seem plenty bright.

City Lights by willtel, on Flickr

11wnb

I'm using Truck-Lites. Paid $21.00 each and they are DOT approved.
Made my own harness.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I have to thank you all formaking me spend more money

i have a set of delta I got from one of the venders a few years back. since they stick out about a half inch past the trim rings, and the pattern kinda sucks, guess it was time to make a change

ordered 2 Hella 002395301 Vision Plus 7" High/Low Beam Conversion Headlamps from Amazon

I know I might have been able to get them cheeper, but has a 20 buck gift card I had to use anyways

http://www.myhellalights.com/index....eadlamps/vision-plus-7in-conversion-headlamp/

Last edited:

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
i went with the lights from JBG...think they were called ravage or rampage anyhow the have the same look at the new hella 500ff's they look good...but i went with WH harness instead cause it had some different features like the high and low beam together

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Got the Hellas in a few minutes ago, went out and installed them.

Took out the blue bulbs from the Deltas and put them in the hellas, so the bulbs will be a constant in both sets, which will help me judge just the optics of the two brands

Just as far as looks goes, the hellas are better, I thought the hellas would have a more curved look to them, but still look better than the deltas
As you can see from the first pic(Deltta) how far they stick out past the trim ring, as compaired the the Hellas

Will let you know how they compare to the Deltas once I drive at night.

Also put the other set of trim rings, that have the adjustment slots in them

Attachments

• deltas.JPG
    deltas.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 29
  • hellas.JPG
    hellas.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 27

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Thanks I thought about doing the hella E-Code lights like you have, but since they are not DOT approved I decided to try these instead, as they are DOT approved

blubberfet

I almost bought the ones you did. I am interested in how the pattern is on them. Just had my safety done and just about the only thing that passed where my headlights. I got a big list of failed items and 90% are BS. The things that I know shouldn't pass did and everything that's fine failed. Stupid doors Grr oh well.

Let me know how they work for you.