• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Had a Close Call Today

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
I was driving the pavement princess to meet some friends this morning..running about 50 on a 4 lane, when one of our seniors who was turning left out of a Kroger parking lot decided the best way to get out was to just drive out and block traffic. With little time to react I hit the brakes as hard as I could. Many of you probably Know what happened next. BFGs squeeling, smoke boiling, and yes, the rig is swapping ends. For a brief second I thought I was going on the roll bar .Fortunatly it stayed in the lane and thats all that happened. Of course she had her window up and couldn't here the tyrade I was sending her way. Moral of the story......Locking up all 4's on an EB is not a good idea.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Did that once in high school.
Running in traffic on a 4 lane road. Car in left lane decided that they need to eat at the old folks buffet. So they just step on the brakes and make a right turn in front of me. I have traffic next to me and behind me. Lock up the brakes, spin 90° to the right, steer into it and get off the brakes. truck straightens up and I somehow miss hitting them.

It would have been entertaining to have watched from the car behind me. All of a sudden the truck you are following turns sideways in the road for no good reason, recovers and just keeps on going.