• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

harbor freight floor jack recommendation? Coupon?

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hey folks,

I am going to bite the bullet and pick up a new floor jack. The one I have is tiny and from wall mart. To jack up the rig and let it down I practically have to be under it because the handle is so short. I need a long one to do it safely. Any recommendations? Is HF the best/cheapest or should I look at Sears and/or Wally world? I need to get it late on the way home tonight. Any coupons, codes, or special deals???

Thanks much!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I broke down and bought one of their light weight alum ones when it was on sale.
(I will say that I have a high end $300 floor jack as back up)

My Craftsman floor jack of 35 years started leaking and the local rebuilder said not worth the money to do it.

I was not expecting much, but after two years it still doing the job. Much easier than the Craftsman was to lift it in and out of the truck.

cldonley

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
^^^This one is pretty good. I bought one to jack light aircraft with and the mom & pop tire dealer I use here in my little town has about 6 harbor freight jacks working out doors jacking up all kinds of vehicles all day long. Seems to work for him!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I find the 2-ton requires a lot of lean on it to get something heavy lifted. Got a 3-ton Alloy Harbor Freight at work a year ago after a quick shopping trip for a road side repair. That has become the favorite jack. Fairly light, easy to pump, doesn't feel like it is stressed as you use it.

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
I have the steel 3 ton HF rapid pump and love it. I think paid about 80 bucks with the coupon. Had it for probably 5 years now.

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Gotta 3 ton steel and a 2 ton aluminum. Got both on sale at different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
My dad bought four of the HF two & a quarter ton floor jacks over thirty years ago for family Christmas gifts. They're all still working great.

gambling209

I have the steel 3 ton HF rapid pump and love it. I think paid about 80 bucks with the coupon. Had it for probably 5 years now.

have this also. have an excursion and f250. lifts both well. mine is made by pittsburg.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I've bought 2 or 3 of the little 2 tom aluminum ones.
Best prices I can find on them is $59.00 . I use the adds from the center pages out of magazines .. The NRA hunting magazine seems to always have the best discount.
.. I've use that 2 ton on my Bronco & It picks it up & it light weight 37lbs.
.. Now I'd like to have one of the bigger strong ones. But I want the light weight ones.

hucklburry rev2

I think I have this one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...vy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html

Harbor Freight have a couple that are low profile, long reach. So they can fit under a honda or lowered car, and the long reach goes up to like 23-24", which is really nice for trucks.

I don't think I need aluminum, I don't pick my jack up that often, we used my lawn tractor and trailer to take it to my neighbors (lowered toyota), it will fit under the wife's minivan, and works great for trucks and Broncos.

For the money, I think the long reach is the one to get.

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
afe039e4b7f605918054af9afe8449a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoronaDog

Loc.
San Antonio
I picked up the 3 ton low profile jack from HF because of the the lift height. I was installing 5.5" lift and axle swap, and this jack did everything I needed. I also picked up their 12 ton jack stands. Nice and tall.

ryan97

Loc.
Richmond
Good results from 2 of the HF aluminum ones - no complaints and better than the small Sears one I bought 20 yrs ago.

OP
OP
B

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Thanks everyone. I got the 2 ton aluminum one last night. I think this will be perfect for what I need. Basically removing axles and leaf springs. I didn't want the steel because of the weight and bulk, even though I knew it would do the job maybe a little better. Thanks again. I also got a mechanics stool yesterday, also on sale. Do they ever not have sales or is it a game with them?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'm with you on the 3 ton bring just a little too heavy.
& I've still got about a 30 year old Jet 2 ton steal Jack I sold at my parts store .
It has been a great one.