• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hard Top Mods

BroncoBoy69

Loc.
Nome Alaska
Hey every one im wondering if any one has cut the rear posts off there hard top. The only reason im thinkin about doing it is just would make it easyer to take off and put on but im not shure sturctuly what it would doo. if you have any ideas i would apprishate them thanks guys.
Corby

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I wouldn't cut them completely off, maybe just shorter so they would slide in easier and you could still get a bolt in them.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
You need them to bolt on the lift gate posts... Plus it doesn't make it difficult to lift the top... You just need to do it.....

Attachments

• DSC03861.JPG
    DSC03861.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC03862.JPG
    DSC03862.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 114

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I bet you could cut them off and then modify the posts to be able to rebolt them to the lift gate and the top. So you'd have removable posts that you could take off before you take off the top.

Louie

Bronco Guru
I cut about 2/3 of my stakes off with 1 hole remaining. Definately makes it a little easier to deal with.

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
My top doesn't have either one of those stakes, my previous couple did but not this one.... it seems quieter and much less of a pain to get one...then again I am doing it the one man one back way of taking it on and off :)

ArmyCOL

Hardtop Mods

I cut about 2/3 of my stakes off with 1 hole remaining. Definately makes it a little easier to deal with.

This is what I did with mine. Very easy to get the top on and off.

OP
OP
B

BroncoBoy69

Loc.
Nome Alaska
Hey thanks alot guy so i should just Cut them off but then re bolt the bottom half in just to suport the lift Gate that sounds like a good plan

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I just cut mine in half about an hour ago. Theres no way I could get them bolted in with my roll cage, so I cut them so I could put everything together with the cage in....

OP
OP
B

BroncoBoy69

Loc.
Nome Alaska
Yeah there just a bitch any way you look at them the other bad thing about the posts is if your not carfull its really easy to scrap the paint off your side quarter pannal im shure others have had this happen and cryed.lucky when i did it to a spray bomb job but its getting a new paint job right now

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Another way to go topless...............

Attachments

• DSC03964.JPG
    DSC03964.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 60