• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

has anybody ever

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
my 69 is has stock radiator shroud stock fan, i was pulling a friend up a small hill (his heep couldnt make it) and i twisted it enough to hit the radiator with the fan and also where the nv4500 comes through the trans tunnel, smacked where, the cut out is, now i was in low on trans and transfer, maybe a little too much torque?? i pinched off the radiator where it was leaking and still wheeled for a few more hours.. but now...
questions::::
whats the best radiator - original was cooling good.. i like the aluminum one that has the mounts built in to the tanks ( i could move it forward a little) anyone use that one??

motor mounts, thats a given... extreme of original??

i have a a taurus fan (1/2 off junkyard special), havent tried it
because of clearence good idea ? bad?

anyone with the nv4500 make a transfer case mount?? all instructions dont include one love the tranny but the stock mount has 3 x 6 inches of rubber lot of flex..

baglock

You could also get an OE replacement radiator then switch to an electric fan. That could eliminate the problem.

OP
OP
C

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
changed out motor mounts , one cracked all the way through but together, other one completely in two. a lot smoother idle now. still thinking about radiators,flex a lite flex a fit, too much money.. any one heard of blackworks its a phoenix company but chinese radiators. 150 with a fan not bad..
still need a new shroud any body make one ??