• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

has anybody welded quarter panel cut-outs back into the cut quarters?

plothead

i have cut quarters and want to go original. has anybody ever welded the cut-outs back into the quarter panels?

i dont have any but i imagine i could come by some and weld them in (a pro would do it) and thus not have to get new ones and incur the cost/hastle of replacing with crappy aftermaket or finding uncut originals.

any ideas?

anyone done this?

thanks
chris

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
I've done something like what you are wanting to do but I welded in the front cutouts in the rear to give my truck the same wheel openings in the back as the front.

http://web.triton.net/d/davy/rearfenders.htm

I have them welded in now and filler over them I just don't have any pics at this time to share.

It was very easy to do.

locopny

Loc.
ND 58436
I really like the idea there 67.

Got me thinking about doing it now too.
looking forward to some full side view photos...for the full effect.

;D 8)

67ster

Bronco Guru
welding in rear cut outs

After completing the front to rear wheel opening as 67 half cab has done , I can tell you it is well worth the effort in function and looks . If you start with a fairly sound 1/4 panel with little bondo or rust it is a snap to fit them . My left 1/4 was loaded with mud from a previous encounter with a tree so it made it a bit more difficult . Sorry , I still can't post pictures .

locopny

Loc.
ND 58436
sorry to highjack this thread, but I got one more question that may be pertinent to others too.

would this mod. allow you to run a 33/??35"?? with a 1" bl, 2" sl and not hit fender? this would be my app.

thank you and thread returned to rightful owner.. ;D

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
wantn1 said:
sorry to highjack this thread, but I got one more question that may be pertinent to others too.

would this mod. allow you to run a 33/??35"?? with a 1" bl, 2" sl and not hit fender? this would be my app.

thank you and thread returned to rightful owner.. ;D

I've got 31's under mine now and have a Ton of room so 33's will clear with no problems at all and that's what I'm going to be putting under mine in the spring. I have 3.5" sus lift and a 2" body lift.