• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Haynes Manual????

pikapp691

I bought this Chilton manual off ebay. Is this the manual everyone uses or am I missing something. Which Haynes manual? If anyone uses something else please let me know.

Attachments

• manual.JPG
    manual.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 7

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
That is the applicable Chilton's manual even though it has that pic of that ugly Bronc 2 on it. Look out for all the typos in it.

I think the Haynes is a whole different resource. Check ebay again or amazon.com.

Nix that, looks like the XL.

Nuke

I have that one and it sucks compared to my Ford Service manual.

OP
OP
pikapp691

pikapp691

It does suck

Thats why I am am trying to see what everyone else uses. Give me names of the manuals. Thanks

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
BroncoBeast2004 said:
Thats why I am am trying to see what everyone else uses. Give me names of the manuals. Thanks

i use a bunch of them and all are good in their own way at times:

chiltons
haynes
ford service/shop manuals (even the content of these can differ from year to year)
guide to rebuilding your small block ford (tom monroe)
bronco driver magazine

honestly, there is no "one". your library will, or should, grow as your interests and skills do.

Coob

Loc.
Houston, Tx
I bought a set of Ford shop manuals. They have helped numerous times... Rebuilding the Tcase, rebuilding the steering box, wiring etc...

However, there have been times they were vague..

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Coob said:
However, there have been times they were vague..

VAGUE. That's the key word here. Sometimes I read that Chilton manual and just laugh. This laughing is usually followed by swearing. Sometimes the swearing is followed by sobbing.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
There used to be a Haynes edition that covered Ford trucks and Broncos from 73-80, but it has changed twice in the 11+ years I have had my Bronco. I recently had to buy another. There were two of them at the Autozone I went to...they both had identical blue covers (my 10 yr old one had a brown cover) one looked thicker, so I checked both the thicker one had the wiring diagrams for each year, the newest edition did not cover the WD for all the yrs. Needless to say, I bought the one with the WD. Pepboys, Vatozon, Advance Auto, NAPA will all have alot of these, if they dont have it in stock, look around at another store or have them order it. The info is pretty good in there...and I have been able to figure out most things from the ones I have had over the years. Good luck.

Kansas Corey

Loc.
NorCal (East Bay)
Question about Ford shop manuals: I have the chance to buy the complete set for my 1969 Bronco (5 books) or I can save $45 and buy the single volume 1968 Bronco.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Corey

Nuke

I have the 68 manual and I have a 68 Bronco. The manual does cover the 302 engine for the 69 Econoline. Most of the other changes seem minor:

http://www.broncograveyard.com/6677specs.html

You can get the 68 and if it doesn't suit you needs, you can probably sell it close to what you bought it for.