• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hazzard/Headlight/Wiper Wiring Help - Centech

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Just finished installing my Centech and have three issues-

Hazzard - I don't have the original switch, How do I wire to a standard toggle?

Headlight - I drilled a hole to install but seems like you need some kind of spacer behind the dash so you can snug it up. 1/2" inch or so. Anyone?

Wiper - Hooked the main three wires and they work fine but they don't park.. When I hook up the park wire they don't work.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
1) You can buy a stock hazard switch from JBG, others I'm sure
2) Yes there is a spacer, I have an extra if you need it
3) Have to get back to you on that. I sold the last Bronco I did and didn't have a problem. Doing another now, but not that far along. Well as I remember the 4 wires matched up and extra black was a ground to windshield frame.

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Thanks! PMed you. Im trying to figure out how to rig to a standard toggle but a stock replacement is a 2nd as well.

rekoj71

I'm not near my Bronco right now (stationed overseas) but I wanted the standard toggle for my hazard lights, and using a multimeter on my original switch I figured out that I needed a 4 pole single throw switch. I don't remember how I was going to wire it but did figure it could be done. A decent amp rated 4 pole switch though is not exactly something that a normal hardware store sells. I think I paid $6 special order from a switch company for mine, but I was trying to make it match the rest of my custom dash. The 4 poles was due to the fact that each light (FL, FR, RL, RR) had to be kept separate.

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Yeah... Too much Daisy Duke must have rotted my brain lol!

REKOJ71 - if you have the link to the switch it would help me out. I can't seem to find one but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for either??

4 pole switch, how many amps?