• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlights Blinking

662jcur

Loc.
Clarksdale, MS
My headlights blink after my 72 is warmed up. My dash lights do not blink. I have replaced the dash headlight switch, but that didn't work. The headlights blink when they are on bright or dim. What do I need to fix this problem? Thanks.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
A headlight relay kit will fix it good and you'll have brighter lights.

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
On my 72 it was the dimmer switch in the floor changed it and it fixed mine. Then after a few months it started again, got the headlight relay and it has never done it again.

GloNDark

I chased this for a while on my 73. It would start with blinking and eventually went to just headlights out, turn off the switch for a minute and turn it back on then it would last a few minutes and do it again.

I replaced the headlight switch, floor switch and headlight bulbs before putting building my own relay kit with a couple of relays from Orielly. Now my lights are MUCH brighter. As in low beam was brighter than my high beam after the low beam install and before high beam. And my blinking/headlight off problem is gone.

Relay kit for the win!!!!!!

EBCRAWLR

Loc.
las vegas,NV
i chased a blinking headlight issue for a long time. suspected electrical, but did replace headlight switch to no avail... chasing wires, reading schematics, and my issue was a stupid side marker lens was grounding out! %)

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
IIRC there is an automatic circuit breaker in the headlights, either its weak or something is shorting it. Either way, I don't trust that old wiring to run power from the batt, through the harness, in the headlight switch, out the headlight switch and then to the headlights. Relay kits FTW!