• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

heated wiper blades

rubiconbronco

Loc.
Placerville, CA
Anyone in the snow country ever use heated wiper blades on their bronco? Does work? I just burned up another wiper motor while stuck in a snow storm

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I don't think they'll work very good because once you shut the heat off, then they REALLY freeze down. I would really like to try some silicon blades tho!

J.D.

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
What they need is the motor mounted at the bottom of the windshield so you arent fighting gravity with the snow. After a while you have to get out and clear the snow away because the motor just wont keep pushing it uphill. You just end up with a smaller & smaller opening as the snow builds up. Heats not going to help much in a heavy snow storm even with the defrosters on. Just a bad design. Its really bad with vacuum wipers

supercoupe5

Loc.
Grand Blanc
windshield frame

wild horses has a windshield frame with the wipers on the bottom
does someone make a heated blade for a bronco

Solar Aviator

Heated windshield and washer fluid

I had a lot of problems with show and ice driving my EB from Boulder to Summit County to ski. I installed a stick on rear window heater around the perimiter (top, bottom, and sides) of the windshield. I also wrapped some 1/8 inch copper tubing around a piece of 1/2 inch copper pipe and soldered it in place. I put the 1/2 in the heater line and ran the washer fluid through the 1/8 tubing. Worked well...

OP
OP
R

rubiconbronco

Loc.
Placerville, CA
broncomanbrad said:
Why don't you just buy one of these? http://hotproducts.alibaba.com/manufacturers-exporters/Snow_Brush.html While you're waiting for your Bronco to warm up you take 10-30 seconds to brush the snow/scrape the ice off the windshield. If you already do that and snow gets crazy on your windshield while you're driving..... you are probably in a pretty awesome snow storm.

Well I guess you have never experience snow like what we have here.. Its called seirra cement. Its wet, heavy and sticks to everything. Its not like the dry, mealy stuff you find in the mid of the country. We wheel on top of the snow! its amazing when you have your bronco ontop of six feet of snow and then you hit a soft spot and spent 5 hours digg'n out...

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
put alcohol in the windshield washer.

when i lived in colorado, i kept a spray bttle full of alcohol in my truck. when the windshield frosted over, i sprayed it. it melted the ice.

Slapdad

Loc.
Houston, TX
I'm in!

73stallion said:
put alcohol in the windshield washer.

when i lived in colorado, i kept a spray bttle full of alcohol in my truck. when the windshield frosted over, i sprayed it. it melted the ice.

Then hook it up to one of these babyies and you'll forget all about the snow!

chillystuff_1864_1225483

OP
OP
R

rubiconbronco

Loc.
Placerville, CA
Well I have the chevy fan it keeps the inside frost free. I just rebuilt the electric wiper motor tonight after burning it up last weekend in a snow storm. I think I will go with the electric defroster strips along the edges. The heated fluid would run out after an hour or so of driving.

Broncorm

Loc.
Perkinsville, VT
I did move my wipers to the bottom of the windshield use a cable system. The motor is mount behind the left fender in the rear. 4wd+sport did a right up on it a long time ago. They mounted there on the top using the stock holes. I was hoping to be able to get the wipers close to the bottom of the windshield when parked but there is to much slack in the cable that they won't sit tight to the bottom all the time. They kind of flop down. So of coarse they look like heep wipers. I don't know how they work in the snow. We dump to much salt on the roads up her. She gets parked for the winter.
http://www.srbymichael.com/products/wipers/wipers.shtml

Attachments

• 5543[1].jpg
    5543[1].jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 23