• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater box question

DeepC73

I have a 73 that the heater box was taken out of. I purchased a used complete heater box that was removed for a rebuild a few months ago. On all broncos I can find the heater core hose attachments stick through the two holes in the passenger floorboard/firewall side by side. On the heater box that I purchased the heater core hose ends are vertically configured. Did they change between certain years or is this possibly an after market piece?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or it's a heater box out of a different vehicle.
But if it fits in the space and also affords more clearance for the hoses in the engine compartment, where they run into the corner of the wheel well, then that might be a good thing!

Got a pic of this box and core for us?

Paul

OP
OP
DeepC73

DeepC73

0dHyU_iEwuyvNsc0kD1gGaCKw

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't think that's an early bronco heater box. I thought it might be a BC Bronco A/C heater box, but it doesn't look like that one either. My 73 heater box is the dirtry looking one. The BC is the ad looking one. Not sure where you live, but my old one is available, but I'd have to make sure I have all the pieces still. Pretty sure I do except for the hose.

Attachments

• IMG_4952.jpg
    IMG_4952.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4951.jpg
    IMG_4951.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4950.jpg
    IMG_4950.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 26
  • bc box.jpg
    bc box.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 28

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wonder if it's a full-size Bronco? Any part numbers or other identifiers on it?

Paul