• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

heater help needed

dash8mx

I am putting a new heater core in and my box has lots of loose insulation in it.Is this from the firewall or is the box supposed to have this in it. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks william inva<br>

Krusher

Loc.
Brookhaven, MS
I believe that loose stuff you are seeing is the foam padding that is used to seal the "flapper doors" that control air flow to the heater/defroster ducts. If you buy the heater box seal kit from JBG, new foam will be included. You use spay adhesive to secure it.

Deere4440

Loc.
Helena, MT
My 66 heater core was "bedded" in very crumbly old foam. Mostly fell apart when core was removed. I thought about bedding the new core in some spray foam insulation until I found the reseal kit mentioned earlier. It came w/ new padding