• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hedman headers bought... now I need some Flowmasters. Anyone help w/ exact part #?

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Okay, I was lucky enough for once to afford the mass buy on the Jet-Hot Coating Hedman headers. :eek: My exaust is shot and I need everything new from the headers back. I want to put some Flowmaster Series 40 on with the headers along with the new pipes. I've found some good deals on Ebay for the flowmaster mufflers but I'm not sure which one specific with work with the headers and need to be sure to order them.

Can someone tell me what part (model #) will work? Also, does the location of the in/offset matter? Not sure on that either. Lastly, will going with stainless steel be best? I live on the coast! My exaust is taped, patched and won't last long. I really appreciate any help here. I don't want to order the wrong Flowmasters! :eek:

Dennis

Loc.
Northern California
I can't really give you any part #s. I think what you need to do is figure out exactly how your exhaust is gonna run (exact placement of the pipes and muffler). If you're unsure, I'd take it to the shop you're gonna have do the install and ask them.
The inlet and outlet can be really important. As you can see from the pics from eBronc's exhaust in this thread http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50763 .
I'm thinking of doing mine a similar way.

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Dennis said:
I can't really give you any part #s. I think what you need to do is figure out exactly how your exhaust is gonna run (exact placement of the pipes and muffler). If you're unsure, I'd take it to the shop you're gonna have do the install and ask them.
The inlet and outlet can be really important. As you can see from the pics from eBronc's exhaust in this thread http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50763 .
I'm thinking of doing mine a similar way.

I used Flowmaster part # 42443 for both mufflers - which is incidently the same part # used on most '87 - '93 5.0L Mustangs. (I know, I had a set on my 5.0 and LOVED them.) You can find these type of Flowmaster all over eBay in great shape for low prices. That's where I got mine.