• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hello Guys, finally feel like my build is worthy to post

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the tips on the dynamat - your rig is certainly coming along!!!!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Very nice.. I need to use this as motivation to get back after mine. I have hit one of those depressing stages where I consider selling and moving on. Nice truck/!

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
OH YEAH !! I likes that ! LUBER I AM !! speaking of which.. can I fit a 31" tire with my current rims.. I have a 2" BL

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Well guys money kinda tight for a couple weeks so I am gonna do some of the grimey work. I just ordered another shutz gun for my bedliner stuff, last one plugged up from improper cleaning (my bad). I also ordered more seam sealer for the floorpan area. I will post some pictures of my aluminum foil wrapped undercarriage when I get to the task. Since I have the tanks down I figure good a time as any to spray underneath :)

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Looks awesome, you've done a really nice job with your project so far. Keep the pictures coming.

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Well guys, I was planning on installing some weatherstripping in the doors, but I realized, until I install the new stainless windshield piano hinge, that would be jumping the gun. I will share a trick I have learned though... I have done a few restorations and weatherstripping adhesion was an issue for me. I realized that the larger tubes of weatherstripping glue had more complete instructions which indicated that i had not been properly prepping the materials. I always have used new weatherstripping and it has a kind of glaze or smoothness on it that resists biting into the glue (tooth). Trying to use sandpaper and the like is difficult to say the least, so what I have found is with a variable speed dremel-type rotary tool you can prep the rubber with a sanding drum and it works awesome ! Here are a couple of pictures, you can see the rubber "dust" on my hands. I also hold the stripping in place with painters tape. I ordered a new rar fuel tank and will refurb the auxiliary tank. BTW thanks to Grafico for the fuel cap idea.. I am currently selling my Billet fuel caps on eBay to offset some of the cost for the flush caps ^^

img00033-20101124-1237.jpg

img00034-20101124-1238.jpg

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Thanks for that tip!! That will help me a lot. Ive glued the damn weather stripping twice and it eventually comes off. Time to dig out the dremel ;D

Dan76

Build looks great.. very clean and simple. Good tip on the weather stripping what adhesive have you found to be the best? I've tried the clear yellowish from permatex and it sucked!

THE_74BEAST

Loc.
Central, FL
Fine looking rig. Don't know how I missed this thread in the past. Is that the new carpet in the background? If so, can we see the finished result?

Very clean looking rig. I like it!

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Build looks great.. very clean and simple. Good tip on the weather stripping what adhesive have you found to be the best? I've tried the clear yellowish from permatex and it sucked!

I like the yellow 3M adhesive, but the black 3M works good too. I like the yellow because the color differential makes it easier to see how much you are applying to the black rubber parts.

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Fine looking rig. Don't know how I missed this thread in the past. Is that the new carpet in the background? If so, can we see the finished result?

Very clean looking rig. I like it!

thanks for the comments! the carpet in the rear is my living-room carpet. I still haven't ordered the black carpet for it yet... I have so many custom interior mod ideas that I am not quite sure a pre-made rug will work yet :)

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
minor update

Well I ordered the stainless hinge for the windshield and some jewelers rouge with which to polish it up ^^. My dremel gonna be working overtime ! ;D

PS on the earlier post about the weatherstripping, I use my dremel on low to medium speed or else it yanks the rubber around and grabs the fingers !