• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hello Guys, finally feel like my build is worthy to post

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice looking Bronco Sylar! Your doing a great job.

Also, Awesome tip with the weatherstriping. That shiny film you are talking about is from the manufacturing process and I completely forgot about removing it myself. :-[ Maybe it will stick this time. LOL

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Time for more Pix.

Its going to be time for some more photography.;D

Well, it is pretty cold here, but the ideas are a flowing now. I installed the cheapy gauges on the Bronco, so i can break that 331 stroker in. I realize I must get a good project name for my rig... I like "Project Silverback" . Has it been taken? If not, then I will use that one ! please lemme know, cuz I don't wanna steal someone else's name ^^. That being said... I was browsing through eBay for console ideas, and I saw a 03-04 Navigator Console plate. It was only $20 so I figured why not try it and see. Here is the picture of the initial fitment. Keep in mind I have a Tuffy Security Console and plan on putting a false floor in (to run all the electronics wiring under). I believe the Navi plate will work out well... I get full range of motion on the twin sticks :)

img00062-20101202-1501.jpg

img00063-20101202-1502.jpg

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Another Custom Idea forming....

Well, I am no Chip Foose, but I really try to see contours and bodylines.. and I may have found a neat addition for Silverback! I believe (just by inspection) that the OEM moonroof from a early 90's Accord EX may fit the contour of my Bronco Hardtop. I have purchased a donor car and will grab it up Tuesday. Here is a picture of the top.

moonroof.jpg

What will be interesting is.. I wanted to put a basket with lights on the top as well.. so the idea of being able to reach through the moonroof to grab stuff off the basket just seems cool :)

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
SS hinge

well the stainless steel hinge came in today, got the new rear tank, 6 port fuel switch, and Navigator Console Plate.. so I have a few things to work on. I go tomorrow to get the donor car for the Moonroof :)

hinge.jpg

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I snagged the whole roof setup from the explorer I parted for the motor, roof lines looked pretty close to bronco. Haven't gotten around to installing it yet but looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
yeah one of my friends was like "dude it is a convertible, why do you need a moonroof?" My response was... the "convertible top" doesn't just pop off with a flip of a switch ;D

Also, since there has been no objections to my build name, I deem it officially "Project Silverback" !!!!!!

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
thanks for the encouragement guys, gonna see about putting my new windshield hinge on tomorrow.. getting the Honda home took longer than expected, and now my wife wants me to fix it for her... so the moon roof may be nixed for now :)

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Silverback is nearing the finish line !

silverback.jpg

Well guys here is a taste of the new pictures to come. I have been working on Silverback off and on, but NOW I am in the home stretch! I installed the digital guage cluster, racing seats, and other goodies since I last posted. I also got the stainless piano hinge put in (what a job). Cheers !

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Wow how did I miss this thread, looks great I like the color you are doing an awesome job, interior mods are sweet

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Lets see some pics of the interior, seats digital gauge cluster. How did the navi center console turn out?

bc1974

First time seeing this thread, great looking rig... Can't wait to see the rest