• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hello, Thank You, and Help! *Update, I'm an EB Owner!"

Trey Taylor

Welcome aboard!!! You will love this website best guys on the planet.
I too have been eyeballing the one in San Diego but can't get a lot
out of the guy, did you have any luck?

OP
OP
FordFarmer

FordFarmer

Contributor
Welcome aboard!!! You will love this website best guys on the planet.
I too have been eyeballing the one in San Diego but can't get a lot
out of the guy, did you have any luck?

The SD EB owner responded quickly to both of my email inquiries and answered all of my questions (not many at this time). He said the truck is in storage about an hour from where he lives which is why he hasn't posted new photos yet. Though I really like the upgrades he's done, I've been leaning on this '71 sport a little more due to the lack of information about the other. Who knows, I may end up with neither. We'll see.

Where are you at in Memphis? I'm out in G-Town.

Trey Taylor

I'm in Lakeland. There is a nice 77 across the street from folks folly I looked at again yesterday,its been for sale for about a year.

OP
OP
FordFarmer

FordFarmer

Contributor
I'm in Lakeland. There is a nice 77 across the street from folks folly I looked at again yesterday,its been for sale for about a year.

Pretty clean? Is it uncut? If your not gonna have a go at it I'd like to take a look. My wife would love it if I found something local instead of bringing one back from Colorado. Heck if you had time I wouldn't mind checking out one of your rigs to get some pointers on what to look for when I fly out west.

OP
OP
FordFarmer

FordFarmer

Contributor
I'm spending the night in Wichita due to bad weather, but I'm spending it with the green 71 sport. It was as advertised and I picked it up this afternoon in SW Kansas. First few hundred miles were pretty good. A couple of technical issues. I think a gear in my speedo is semi-stripped. If punch the gas or let off quickly it starts whining and indicates incorrectly. Otherwise it's within 2 mph of the GPS. Then my headlights went out in the middle of a snow storm. I was able to find the side of the road and fiddle with the hi/low switch and the headlight switch. After a few minutes of that they started working. My Mustang used to do that with the hi-beams on. Kicking it back to low always fixed the problem. Not so tonight. The Bronco was sure footed in 4 hi but weather AND iffy headlights made me second guess pushing through the night. Would it be weird if I went back outside to move it to a spot where I can see it from my room? ;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Would it be weird if I went back outside to move it to a spot where I can see it from my room? ;)

Heck no! It should already be perched up on the walkway in front of the window to your room so you both have good company!

Congrats. What are the lights doing? If flicking off now and then, only to come back on, it could be an old tired headlight switch. Yes, it's usually the floor mounted hi-low switch, but very often the poor old circuit breaker has just had enough.
The temporary cure is to unplug one headlight from the harness. The next longest "temporary" cure is to replace the main switch. But old wires usually mean higher loads on the switch, so it will eventually start happening again.
So the real permanent cure is to add a relay harness. You can make your own or purchase one from one of us vendors. We sell two types at Wild Horses that you can check out.
Not only will they take the load off of the switch, thereby very likely making it your last switch replacement, but the lights will almost always be MUCH brighter as a result. A very good thing with an EB!

Can't say it enough times. Congrats on the new-to-you purchase. Should be a great trip. Even with the down time and side-of-the-road-headscratching.

Have fun.

Paul

broncojo

Loc.
Lewis Run, PA
Good for you, sounds like you have already started some good Bronco stories from the drive home.

Be safe and enjoy, keep us posted on it with pictures.

76 One ton

Loc.
Shawnee, Ok
If you have any issues and are traveling I-40 east give me a pm, Im an hour east of Okc. Hope you have safe travels back home and congrats on the bronco!

OP
OP
FordFarmer

FordFarmer

Contributor
Thanks everyone. Here she is warming up. One Ton, thanks for the offer.

Attachments

• 20140201_073705.jpg
    20140201_073705.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 67

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome looking truck. Glad you pulled the trigger. Gotta fun Question.....When you park it and step out if it go eat, pee, etc and start walking away from it... How many times do you look back at it before you go inside?.. Double take? Triple take? Etc? :) Lol. Keep us posted on the trip and post more pics too.

Andy
Blue71

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Congrats....I've had mine for 4 years and Broncos still command most of my free time.My "want to do first" list has changed so many times.
We all like pics,lots of pics.....

Trey Taylor

Bronco

Congrats!!! Thats awesome, love the color. Call me when get you home
I would like to meet you and check out the new ride.

bsquared

Contributor
Ford Farmer,
That is one good looking ride you have there!!!

Yes, it would have been nice to already have the NV 3550 installed and not have to do (or pay) for that upgrade, but I gotta say, I think the Sport was a good choice.

I lived with an inline 170 & 3 on the tree for many a year before upgrading to a 5.0L and ZF. If mine would've already had a V8 in it, I would've moved up to 31" tires and probably not have bothered with the ZF mod. Don't get me wrong, I'm digging the OD on the highway, but you can still get 60mph easy with the 3 speed.

Kinda cool your drive home included a snowstorm and the Bronco is driving on!

Congrats and welcome.......glad to have another Bronco brother in the mix!

Now, repeat after me: "My name is ..........., and I'm a Bronco.............". Regular therapy sessions are held on this site.

Cheers, B2

OP
OP
FordFarmer

FordFarmer

Contributor
Awesome looking truck. Glad you pulled the trigger. Gotta fun Question.....When you park it and step out if it go eat, pee, etc and start walking away from it... How many times do you look back at it before you go inside?.. Double take? Triple take? Etc? :) Lol. Keep us posted on the trip and post more pics too.

Andy
Blue71

Yup, pretty much doing that a lot. In fact when I gas up I try to pull up to the pumps in front of the door to the mini mart so I can watch myself pull in;) Sorry for the lack of pics but I left the Colorado/Kansas border at 530 pm yesterday and have a 6 am flight out of Memphis tomorrow morning so it's been fill the truck, empty my bladder, drive and repeat. Because of a detour I hit route 66 for a mile or so and wanted to pull over and take a pic but I didn't have time. The weather has really slowed me down. I've hit a snowstorm in Denver driving to Kansas, then more snow, sleet, freezing rain and finally a good rain storm. Heat and wipers work good! Only reason I can type right now is because an accident ahead has me parked on I-40 two hours from home. Parking brake works. He'll of a test drive!

OP
OP
FordFarmer

FordFarmer

Contributor
Also, I'm digging the three on the tree. It's going to do just fine for my daily driver needs. This thing has a pretty nice sounding exhaust from idle to about 60 mph, but at 70 its just plane loud, I should have stopped for ear plugs but of course I didn't have time. Not one truck stop or gas station had them. I'm certain I've done permanent damage to my ears!