• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hellwig 7867 front sway bar for lifted Bronco

Dannebrog53

I have a 68 Bronco with 3 1/2" lift, factory PS and Wild Horses front shock hoops. I've been looking at front sway bar options to help tame the body lean on the street. I was looking at the Hellwig bars and the most common 7864 model will definitely hit my shock tubes. The 7867 for a 3" - 4" lift looks like it's a straight bar and will sit parallel with the bottom of the frame rail, can anyone verify this? Any photos of one installed?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a Picture of a WH 3 1/2" Coil Spring Lift with the Hellwig (7868) Anti-Sway Bar up front.

No shock Hoops, but it might be a good reference for you. I actually think they will hit the Hoops. Might not be wide enough?

One of the Bronco vendors do state that the Front Shock Hoops and Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar are not compatible.

Check with Wild Horses, they'll confirm for you.

Attachments

• Coil Spring : Hellwig.jpg
    Coil Spring : Hellwig.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great pic, I am in kinda the same dilemma but I have old school front shock mount.
How far does the sway bar bend towards the tire side or is it pretty much in line with the shock. Can’t tell by the pic but is there any room for a shock in front of the coil.
Thanks

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry just read more,
just thinking if it was an eibach shock mounted upside down it might work since those shocks tend to be slimmer

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
THANKs , picture 9 is what I needed to see. Almost looks like I could fit it