• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help! 69 Bronco Won't Start. Fuel pump?

G

I need Help! I just bought a 69 Bronco sport, with a 302, I know nothing of the history. It will run when I spray starter fluid in the intake but dies after. The prev owner said the gas was old. I drained the tank (orange gas) and put in new gas. Still no start. There was a lot of rust in the tank. <br><br><br>Where is the fuel pump? <br><br>I unhooked the line that runs from what looks like a fuel filter into the carburator. With the line taken off right before the carburator I see no gas coming out when I try to crank it. SHould I?<br><br>Where is the fuel pump and what should I do? Help!

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Driver's side on the front by the steering box. Two bolts and it will come right off. A new one should run you about $30. I have been through 2 on mine because of the crap California gas eating through the rubber.

OP
OP
G

What should I do to make sure it is the fuel pump? Should I see gas coming out of the line before the carb?<br><br>Thanks for any help.

Outshine2

Loc.
Orange County, CA
Yeah, if you try to crank the engine gas should be spurting out that line... follow that line from the fuel filter on down by the steering box like 76 said and you should see your pump. Mine was about $15. Check your lines before the pump as well... maybe there is another inline fuel filter near the tank? Also check your tank switching valve under the drivers seat... make sure it didn't get kicked the other way or something... All in all, it could be a few different things, but all pretty cheap and easy... Hope that helps a little... good luck.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I used a big feeding syringe to check my fuel lines. Just tap in before the pump and see if you can suck fuel. You may also try taking the fuel lines off the pump and see if its moving air at all. I think they still move air if they are working.