• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help -- Bronco starts, then stalls

Daniel78

Hey all,

I have a weird problem. My Bronco starts fine. I can rev the engine a little bit at first without a problem. But if I give the engine enough gas to actually get moving, it stalls. I'm guessing that the carbeurator is flooding. It's fine if I just let it idle. But if I give it gas it wants to stall.

I know that's not much to go on, but if anyone has any idea what the problem might be, I'd love to hear it. Could it possibly be a non-carb problem?

Thanks, guys. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Hit the gas and if it stalls, that's fine but then pull out a spark plug and see if it is wet or dry. Do not try to restart it once it stalls.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Yeah it could be a fuel delivery problem. Clogged filter, bad pump, bad line. It could be the carb but if this is a new problem I would rule out the filter and lines first.