• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help, Holley Dual Tank with Sniper, 74

Berta74

Please help. Going solo now after trying mechanic shop. 1974 302 automatic. A while back I had a shop put on a Holley Sniper EFI to replace the old 4bbl carb. They plumbed the tanks wrong , and were trying to use one return line, through both tanks, and then pull from the main tank. This created problems on gas spewing out from one of gas caps. After research, it seemed like you have to pull and return into each tank separately. Enter the purchase of the Holley Dual Tank Kit 534-38. Spent all day and night yesterday reworking the plumbing lines and new electrical. When the switch is turned to Tank #1 (directly by seat), and turn the key, you can hear the exterior fuel pump turning on. Turn key off, and switch to Tank #2, far bank tank, and turn key on.... nothing. Tried multiple combinations on the 6-pin toggle switch and could never get it to work. Both tanks are in the original location and both tanks now have exterior, in-line pumps. Plumbed just like the Holley Dual Kit shows. Wired just like the diagram shows. One thing I wanted to confirm was the “Fuel Pump Output” wire that ties to new relay at position 86. This was the wire that was working the original single pump. I pulled wire off the single pump and brought to 86 of the new relay. Also brought over 12v power from batter and then grounded relay. And then sent a wire down to the switch location.

Confusing part about the 6 terminal switch. The instructions say to cross-wore the switch. Not sure what that means but I have 4 wires coming off switch. If switch was laying in my hand 3 screws on top and 3 on bottom here is what I did: One wire back up to relay (Bottom left), one wire to pump #1 + plug-in connector (middle bottom), one wire to pump #2 + plug-in connector (middle top), and the fourth wire is the ground (top left). Where am I going wrong? Why can’t I get the back pump to turn on? Thank you in advance.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Bad link.

Never used the Holley kit, done it other ways. As the shop did it but I know it was setup as a transfer pump. You have to run the main tank low, go to the aux, it goes really fast as when fuel you don't burn gets transferred to the main tank. And go back to the main tank to finish that fuel. It works, but you have to know what it going on and not transfer fuel into an already full tank or it will overflow.

OP
OP
B

Berta74

Found the problem. Had to cross wire the switch corners. Jumper from top left to bottom right and vice versa. It’s all good now. Hope this helps someone in the future (shoulder shrug)