• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help Me Get My Stuff Back! Anyone Live Near RJM/Ford Fuel Injection?

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Hey guys - I'm hoping someone can do me a favor. I hate to be one of those guys who raises shit on a forum, but I'm out of options.

Back in late October, I picked up a 5.0 motor and RJM EFI harness from another member that lives a few miles down the road. The harness was new, never used - perfect condition - but was from 2002.

I shot Ryan (RJM / Ford Fuel Injection) an email asking if there was anything that had changed on the harnesses since this one was made. According to him, this was from the first batch of harnesses he ever made - he wanted to take a look at it to see how it held up and to hook it into the tester he uses now. I offered to ship it to him, but he insisted on sending me a label - it shipped to him on

I went ahead and shipped it to him - roughly on the 15th of November. At the same time, I also ordered $60 woth of his billet parts with the understanding he'd ship my harness back with the parts.

Fast forward three months, I've sent about a dozen emails, called and I can't get a reply. At this point, he's got my EFI harness, my parts and my money.

I understand getting busy or behind schedule, but it only takes a few minutes to slap a label on a box and ship it. There's really no excuse for this sort of thing from a vendor, period. I even offered to have UPS pick the stuff up, on my dime - no reply.

Can anyone help a brother out and go knock on this guy's door and get my stuff? I'd hoped to start putting the new motor into the frame within a week or two, and really need the harness.

Ryan

Last edited:

barronj

Bronco Guru
It baffles me that, since this is a cottage industry, such a niche market for the car crowd, that someone can't make money doing it and stay straight.

There was the huge scam from the guy on the east coast, where he'd netted over $1,000,000 in two years ( he was also "selling" LSX motors turn key)... hundreds of people lost money, sent in harnesses & computers never to be seen again. Hundreds of people screwed by one clown, that means there's thousands of customers out there, I would think.

Obviously there's money to be made. Why can't people stay honest?

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I've never seen a vendor who such such polar opposite feedback. Seems like people love his product, but he seems to have the worst customer service. You're definitely not the first to say that can't get a hold of him. Good luck.

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
I have to believe this is a case of someones business outgrowing there ability to properly manage it. I truly hope this gets resolved quickly for you. The EB community needs people like Ryan (RJM). Lets all hope this is just a mistake.

siderbox

Bronco Guru
I wonder if it would help if everyone on here would send an email with the subject title said "answer RyanITV"
Then put in a short description on what is going on. Something short and sweet that would let him know what has gone on .
Have all responses exactly the same.
I think he may get the picture fast that everyone know what's going on.

Just an idea.

OX1

Bronco Guru
He logged in here last on Jan 14th, if that helps...........
He was pretty hard to get a hold of when I ordered my harness
a couple years back.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've never seen a vendor who such such polar opposite feedback. Seems like people love his product, but he seems to have the worst customer service. You're definitely not the first to say that can't get a hold of him. Good luck.

X2 - heard wonderful things about his products, but more than one person has hit a brick wall trying to get issues resolved with him.

I don't care how good your product(s) are, if you have zero customer service behind them, what's the point of buying them?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Ryan-

I did a search and found this thread with Ryan's # (RJM Tech),
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149032&highlight=RJM+tech+phone+number
so maybe this can help to get you some satisfaction. Not sure if you tried this # or not...someone else had mentioned they were trying to call him and apparently didnt have the right #.

It does suck that you have had to wait...although, Ryan is very busy and often slow to get with folks, he does care and usually responds to these sorts of threads...as they do affect his business. Most people usually end up getting their issues resolved, so it would seem. Try to get in touch with him again-if the phone number above is different and keep this thread alive. Let folks know how it goes...that may help get/help keep him motivated...and, hopefully, you will get some satisfaction. Good luck.

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
I just got a reply from him (to an email dated January 20th, no less) with a tracking number and a note saying the harness will ship tomorrow. I'm asking him to confirm that the billet parts are shipping as well.

Ryan

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I"m going to jump in here and make a few neutral comments that might help someone out in the future. It doesn't really fit this situation, but it fits most harness purchases. Last thanksgiving I ordered a harness while RJM was running the holiday special.

I made my order and waited, and one day I got an email from Ryan asking me for more specific information about what style wire ends I needed on my harness. This matters because there are several different styles models of sensors and some have different plug ends.

I looked again at my EFI parts and got the info needed and responded in an email. Then one day I got a notice that the harness had been shipped, along with a tracking number.
It will be shipped to the address on your credit card and a signature is required.

Here's some advice:
If you need it shipped to somewhere else you better make it known beforehand. In my case, I got an email notice that it was on it's way and scheduled to be delivered to our house while we were planning to be out of state on vacation. I tried to contact Ryan to have delivery rerouted both by email and phone, with no luck. I considered just letting it be returned and then cancelling the credit card charge, but I hated for him to have to eat a returned harness and for me to start this process over. Luckily I worked it out with a friendly UPS guy who took care of me and got it rerouted to my wife's workplace.

I'm not complaining, just telling you what I learned. The only emails you will get are to clarify your order and to notify you it has been shipped along with the tracking number. This is a one way process, Ryan doesn't answer your emails except to clarify any questions about your harness.

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
My order was for parts and a check of my harness (at his request); I got no responses for status/updates until today (after posting this thread).

Ryan

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I do not care who the vendor is - holding your stuff and $$$ for 3 MONTHS is NOT acceptable. No matter what , I don't care who died , you have a business and someone else's money , you are OBLIGATED.
I have one of his harness' , it is a great product ....I'm not sure if i can recommend them anymore. His CS seems to always have been on the schitty side , according to the majority of posts here.
I wonder if BC's has an easier time getting through to him. If that is the case , maybe order through BC's and use them as a buffer. I know Chuck will do his best , but if Ryan leaves him out in the wind , then everyone is screwed.
Of course that is of no help in this case.
Now I feel bad for recommending Ryan's stuff all the time in the past.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just been a spectator in this thread but one of RJM's EFI harnesss is on my near-future 'to buy' list. And still is after reading this but...jeez. One thing that really has my curiosity piqued: Ryan frequents Fullsizebronco.com and regularly posts there, answers tech questions, addresses quality concerns, solicits advice...etc etc. Seems that he could/would do the sme here. Just sayin...

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I've bought stuff from him, and even had a plug warrantied. Ryan has been good to deal with for me. Sometimes it takes him a few days to respond but it's not a biggie for me... He's answered every email I've sent him and never had a shipping problem. On the broken plug he warrantied for me, he didn't have one in stock and sent one out when he got them in, it took a couple of weeks, but I knew that before hand, so not a biggie... I know this doesn't help you but every once in awhile orders 'fall through the cracks', it's happened to me from just about every Bronco vendor also, but I've always been patient and contacted them directly to resolve the issue. If you need parts ASAP, then I suggest you buy from a vendor that sells his products and has them in stock.

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
I've bought stuff from him, and even had a plug warrantied. Ryan has been good to deal with for me. Sometimes it takes him a few days to respond but it's not a biggie for me... He's answered every email I've sent him and never had a shipping problem. On the broken plug he warrantied for me, he didn't have one in stock and sent one out when he got them in, it took a couple of weeks, but I knew that before hand, so not a biggie... I know this doesn't help you but every once in awhile orders 'fall through the cracks', it's happened to me from just about every Bronco vendor also, but I've always been patient and contacted them directly to resolve the issue. If you need parts ASAP, then I suggest you buy from a vendor that sells his products and has them in stock.

Not to sound crass, but this order involved him some billet parts and him plugging my harness into a tester (at his request). I'm patient and didn't need the stuff right away, but after 3 months of no replies, I had to escalate it.

Ryan

Galt72

Contributor
I used Ric Kolibar. He was great to work with, turn around was less
than two weeks. Answered all of my emails in timely fashion and
trouble shot some stuff with me over the phone. I highly recommend...

http://www.kolibar.com/

OP
OP
RyanITV

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
An update - the harness and parts arrived today; just about 3 months from when they were shipped. Thanks guys for helping apply the pressure and making sure I got a response (and my stuff).

Ryan