• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me pick my lift!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When going with a 2.5" lift what else should I be purchasing?

Most of the items on your list are optional. Or better said, "up to you" as to whether you want them, or whether you need them. Not all Broncos are the same unfortunately.

Coil buckets? Only if your old ones are bad or you want that last quarter inch of wheel travel or you are trying to get rid of coil bowing after the lift. Or if you want it to just look cooler.

Track bar drop from frame? I would say yes, but most feel it's not necessary for 2.5" of lift.

Track bar riser from axle? Only if you're going to wheel it hard, use really large tires, or need to match a modified steering linkage (such as with TRO conversions)

Adjustable track bar? Always a nice way to fine-tune things, but again, not an absolute necessity.

Drop Pitman Arm? Goes with the drop bracket. I say yes, but if you need to save money up front you can drive it with the stock stuff and determine whether or not it's acceptable to you.

7 degree bushings? What year is your truck? Looks like a '73 but I don't remember if you mentioned that or not.
Most likely can benefit from 7's, but here again, not officially listed as a "must have" for 2.5" lifts. A '75 or prior would likely benefit, whereas a '76 or '77 are probably better served with 4° C-bushings.

Rear shims? Probably yes, but every Bronco is different and you might have to wait until you've driven it. I would have them on hand though

Im thinking of running Bilstein 7100 in the front and 5100 in the rear. What valving would you guys recommend with the WH coils/springs?
Wait for some shock experts to chime in, but my initial feeling would be to use the same valving as in the 5100. Which is to say 298/94 or similar.

Is there also any recommendation on hoop vs bracket on mounting front shocks behind coil? Looking to increase shock length by doing this.

Either one will be adequate for a street driven rig running one shock. The advantages to the more expensive hoop designs are:
1. Allows for duals in the future if you feel the need
2. Makes the spring tower more rigid. I call it a poor man's strut tower brace.
Looks cool too, but some designs can interfere with front anti-swaybar mounts.

Lastly, does anyone make a steering stabilizer kit out there for a single/dual bilstein setup?

Nope. Not yet.

Paul