• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

help me shut my hood! (5.8 efi swap)

PhL0aTeR

Loc.
Woodland Park, CO
I have a complete engine out of an eddie bauer bronco, engine is bolted in, now im at the point where i need to get it running and im searching around here for a definitive parts list for the intake conversion but come up short. is it as simple as finding a GT40 upper and getting the adapter plate from bc broncos, and reusing the stock everything else?

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
i run an edelbrock performer 351w intake with a cowl hood and 1" body lift. it barely fits.

100_3365.jpg

100_3372.jpg

Kenny

is it as simple as finding a GT40 upper and getting the adapter plate from bc broncos, and reusing the stock everything else?

With the BC adapter plate, you can use a common 5.0 HO (mustang, etc.) upper to mount to the 5.8 truck lower. The GT40 upper has a different port shape/pattern that won't work with the BC adapter plate.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
is it as simple as finding a GT40 upper and getting the adapter plate from bc broncos, and reusing the stock everything else?

Completely wrong. If you want to run the GT40 upper you MUST use a lightening lower.

The BC adapter will adapt a standard car 5.0 upper to a 351W truck lower. Those are the ONLY manifolds that the adapter will adapt together.

You will need a throttle body that will work with the intake you choose, the truck one will not work.
Probably end up doing the EGR delete as the truck has external EGR and the car upper is internal. So there is no EGR passage. Trying to run EGR without a flowing passage will tend to confuse the engine and make it cruise poorly. Lightening intake (or aftermarket car 351 intake) should work just fine for the EGR