• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help Removing Pitman Arm

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Needs some suggestions on how to get the pitman arm off. I don't need the pitman arm so destroying it is OK.

I have tried a pitman arm puller, heat and a BFH.

I also tired hitting it with a hammer on each side at the same time and jsut can't get it to budge.

Will using an impact wrench with the puller help.

How hard would it be to cut it off with a Sawzall or a torch?

Galen

nj_thusar

Contributor
Loc.
Asbury Park, NJ
I've come across some really bad Drop Arms before, I used a heavy duty puller some Blaster and muscle. Always works, just give it time and find leverage.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
For the most stuck ones, I crank down on the puller till I'm afraid Ill break it, then heat it with a torch while wacking it with the sledge. It always works eventually.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
I broke a puller once that I rented from autozone by cranking down really hard. they didnt like that. Try and use a grinder as much as you can on two sides then break it with a hammer

OP
OP
G

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Thanks for the help guys. I finally got it. Used the puller until I couldn't get it any more with a 4 ft bar on the end of the breaker bar then heated until red and finally came loose.

Galen