• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

help requested for EFI 3/8 fuel hose plumbing cleanup under the hood

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hey folks. Can use some help sorting out the EFI hose plumbing under the hood.
I am looking at the pressure-inlet hose to the front of the passenger’s side firewall. I did not see a hose clamp there. Is there supposed to be one? This is a BBK fuel rail. I cannot tell from the pics if these are spring lock connectors but I have a feeling they are not. Is this a problem?
Also, the feed line (it’s the feed line that attaches to the passenger side fuel rail at the front of the car, correct?) runs close to the passenger’s side inner fender. I was going to secure it down with some clamps and move it away from the wires. What are your thoughts about putting a fuel filter there? Or is it better under the vehicle? I was going to use Dorman 800-119 which will adapt the 3/8 EFI hose to the 5/16 connector on the factory Fox Mustang Fuel Filter. I was also going to have a Fox Mustang filter mount modified to fit either the frame or inner fender.

My thoughts on the inner fender would be that I would inspect it more frequently for leaks, like every time I fill up with gas or just admire the engine. Then again, I have never had a fuel filter leak, ever. I suppose I am concerned about the 3/8 line to the 5/16 Dorman adapter.

Brett

Attachments

• fuel rail view from driver's side fender.jpg
    fuel rail view from driver's side fender.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 71
  • fuel rail inlet.jpg
    fuel rail inlet.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 73
  • fox mustang fuel filter bracket.jpg
    fox mustang fuel filter bracket.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 66

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like the push-lock(?) fittings, which don't need clamps. And you will likely never get one apart without cutting the hose.
Probably a bold statement, and someone has managed to get them apart. But suffice it to say it ain't easy!

No idea which is inlet and outlet, and only see on in your pics anyway. What does the other look like? Is there a gauge or regulator on one end? Regulator is usually on the outlet/return side.

Others may know, so back to the top.

Paul

OP
OP
B

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Thanks for your reply. I’m pretty sure it is the inlet, it is NOT by the regulator. There is another line coming off the regulator.

Brett