• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP...Will a 16X10 with 4.5" backspacing work??

Daddy4zack

Loc.
El Dorado Hills
I just got my rims in the mail.. ;D 16x10 3.25 backspacing so i thought.. :mad: When I opened the box the wheel is an Extreme alloy 1869, 16X10 and 4.5" backspacing.... will these still work? I have a Dana 44 with Chebby disks, 3.5" BC W/winch front coils, 2" body lift. I plan on running 305/70/16 BFG MT's.(33's).. Soon I want to get up to 35's. Can I Run a Tie rod over with this backspacing? will I be limiting myself?? When I called the company they said that a 16X10 only comes in a 4.5" backspace.. So it was a type O on the internet.. What should I do Return them or will they work??

Thanks
Aaron

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
rims

I Just Got My 35 12.50 Traxxus Tires 17x9 Rims Today,and Installed And They Rub A Little At Full Turn With Stock Radius Arms.i Have 3.5 Suspension And 2 Inch Body. These 17" Rims W/ 35 Look Sweet. SO THEY WILL FIT/WORK, MAYBE A LITTLE RUB.

Last edited:

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
rims

the rims are 17x9 extreme alloys with 5 inch back spacing,they also sell spacers for the rims if you want to push rim out more.im very happy with the 17" rim it looks alot better on the 35 insted of the small 15, and it will make your bronco handle a little better,you will not have all the tire flex,all sports cars run bigger rims for more stability.

lowder

Loc.
Wilsonville, OR
fire bronc said:
the rims are 17x9 extreme alloys with 5 inch back spacing,they also sell spacers for the rims if you want to push rim out more.im very happy with the 17" rim it looks alot better on the 35 insted of the small 15, and it will make your bronco handle a little better,you will not have all the tire flex,all sports cars run bigger rims for more stability.

I've been thinking about this as well, but maybe even a 17" wheel with a 32" or 33" tire.

Anyone have pictures of 17" wheel 32" tire 3 1/2" lift?

fire bronc, I'd love to see pics of your 35" tires too.

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I had issues with 4" backspacing. I went to 3.5" backspacing and issues are gone. Here's a pic with the 4" bs stuffed....

Attachments

• PA trip-6-27-04 032ps.jpg
    PA trip-6-27-04 032ps.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 54