• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with air cleaner options

Trappey74

Loc.
Cleveland
My completely stock 74 302 has the factory air cleaner still on. I also have the dealer a/c so there is the compressor and other parts for that all under the hood. My support bracket bolt for air cleaner broke on the end that mounts to the engine and I know I could order a new support arm but would it be better/easier to go with just a low profile air cleaner from TBP and kinda "declutter" my engine bay? Thanks for the input

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I would fix stock.
Get the duct that is probably missing and you have yourself a cold air kit that none of the open air cleaners can provide.
Removing the stock air cleaner won't make the engine compartment look less cluttered. A little different, yes. But not enough to clean the appearance.