• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with big decision

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
maybe some local guys to where you moved can help along with progress? I know when I am down and think about throwing the towel on mine, my local brothers are there to both keep me grounded and to lend a hand.....hope it all works out for you what ever you decide and know that there is always an open door on here for you. Only you know what feels right....with everything you are going through you need to be able to sleep. In my thoughts brother!!

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Six years ago my neighbor bought a lovely '64 Chevelle two door with a factory 4 speed. The seller had spent a boat load of money on it. The buy was 10K. Seller said his kid was in college and this would help pay for it. The guy was bothered about selling his car, can't blame him.

Here is my take. The poor sap sells his toy so the kid can go to school. Money gone, car gone..........all for nothing.

Pickle the Bronc for later. Trust me.

Providing for his kid's college education is "nothing?" I didn't realized that a classic car was more valuable than providing for a kid's college degree.

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
Dave, I just flew with a guy that is interested in buying one. Pestered me every day of a three day trip to sell one of mine. A320 Captain that lives outside of Memphis. PM me and I'll put you in touch.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Dave,

I know (from experience) with the move and life changes the time and money can always get tight. If you are in need of cash, consider selling, as my buddy and I always tell each other "there are always more projects" you sound like this is a pile of parts that maybe you don't have the full emotional attachment to?

To put a value on your truck look at it several ways: 1) What do I have into it? 2)What does it take to replace it 3) What would I feel good about getting for it?

If it is merely time you are worried about, organize everything, box it up, stack it nicely and tuck it in the corner of that new barn. Time will be made in the future.

I recently sold off a few projects (67 Camaro, 65 Chevelle, parts cars and trucks) and shockingly I do not regret it one bit, I actually feel better about not looking at so many things in the barn. That being said, not a single piece of Bronco hardware was sold.

But as you know, if you need to sell, you are in the right place

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
maybe some local guys to where you moved can help along with progress? I know when I am down and think about throwing the towel on mine, my local brothers are there to both keep me grounded and to lend a hand.....hope it all works out for you what ever you decide and know that there is always an open door on here for you. Only you know what feels right....with everything you are going through you need to be able to sleep. In my thoughts brother!!

X2.....

Best of luck with your decision

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Laying here in bed on a Punta Canna overnight. Sleepless and agonizing about all that has to be done and trying to figure out how to be everywhere at once. I'd walk from work tomorrow if it wasn't for healthcare worries. Just turned 60 so I'm on my own for a few years when I quit. My retirement evaporated with bankruptcies in the airline industry years ago.

Sounds like the living arrangement is pretty nice, in Punta Canna :)

67RT

Bronco Guru
Sounds like the living arrangement is pretty nice, in Punta Canna :)

If u can, make it a roller to sell. Non-rolling projects are pennies on the dollar as most can not move them...

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Providing for his kid's college education is "nothing?" I didn't realized that a classic car was more valuable than providing for a kid's college degree.

I've seen more than a few college educations end value be worth close to "nothing!" %)

Dave, I don't know you, but "overwhelming to the point of affecting physical and mental health" sounds like only one answer to me.

For me, a divorce taught me selling the farm and half my shtuff felt like the end of the world, but the sun will still rise tomorrow. Less shtuff means more time to play! Good luck with your decision.

Kevin

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Look at it this way if you can't put 5 grand and time into it to sell it for 20 then its time to walk away. Better to get 5 to 10 grand and not put any effort in it than hope to get something later. With your demise in retirement savings paying to move a pile of parts to hope to have money to finish it later doesn't seem prudent. 60 years old and having to reinvent your life I wish the best for you my brother.