• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with Spring Perch attchment.

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
Finally... Currie finished building me a new housing. I had them leave it bare, so I can attatch everything where I want it. I am going to adjust the spring perches so I can acheive perfect driveshaft angle, but I dont know what the measurements are on where the perches attatch. What is the dimensions in inches that the center pin of the leafsprings are supposed to be apart??:? Is there a reference chart anywhere. the housing is their extreme duty with "old style big bearing ends". I bought new 11x2 " drum brakes from them as well.
TIA
ryan

ballistic64

Loc.
Piedmont , SD
I would think if you measure center to center your rear leaf spring hangers this would give you the correct distance between your perches.

OP
OP
red67

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
ballistic64 said:
I would think if you measure center to center your rear leaf spring hangers this would give you the correct distance between your perches.

I kinda wanted to be more exact than that;);D .The springs have alot of play in them when there is nothing bolted to them. I can move them back and forth (alot). Someone has to know the correct distance.

TTT

ballistic64

Loc.
Piedmont , SD
I dont mean the spring,I mean the spring hanger thats welded to the frame.I can measure the actual perches tonight when I get off work,my 9" is still out of my Bronc.

OP
OP
red67

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
My bad! I read your post too quickly%) . Im a retard. I see what you mean:-X

Still though I would really appreciate a measure from the 9 outa your bronc. Its hard to get an accurate measure from a yo-yo tape measure by my self up side down.
thanks a bunch

ballistic64

Loc.
Piedmont , SD
Oh,by the way,did Currie build you any thing special as far as the housing goes or are you going with thier high pinion?
Ive been trying to set up my frt Dana 44 for the past couple weeks and havent been able to get a acceptable pattern for shit.Took the housing to the machine shop and he said the carrier bores are out of line with the pinion brg. bores,so I figured screw it,called Currie and thier sending me a HP Dana 44 with loose tubes so I can set it up like I want.The only high pinions Ive been able to find around here have the 3" tubes instead of the 2 3/4" ones.I know you can cut down the 3" tubes but I kinda wanted to keep the original specs on the axle,plus Ive already got the chromo axles for the stock D44 and want to install the WAH,but dont think they make it for 3" tubes.Ive been looking at Curries high pinion 9" carriers but I was under the impression you could run them in a stock housing?