• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

herculiner

jhickman1

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
Ok guys this question was kinda hit around in another thread but I want to get some direct answers about it. I will be puting herculiner throughout my tub soon and I want to put some insulation under it for sound. Do they make anything for that or am I just gona have to deal with it. To those of you who already have it, do you get a lot of road noise(and I know that there are a lot of factors affecting that) or does it seem to insulate purdy good? Thanks guys

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I'm assuming you mean insulation OVER the herculiner, right?

Herculiner itself will insulate some, but not nearly as much as a dynamat material or a carpet. Think of the Herculiner as a sealer/protectant against rust

If you go the herc route I'd recommend Herc --> Dynamat (or other like product) --> Carpet. That should create a very comfortable cabin IMO. Just make sure you're ready to live with it - both the herc and the dynamat are not fun to remove.