• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Here is my other question

freeride376

Loc.
North Ogden
Here is my other question. I want to stretch my wheelbase. What are some good ways to go about relocating the fuel tank or getting an after market one. I want to keep my rear seat.

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
You can streach up to 4 1/2" in the rear by putting a V in the front of the tank. I know of one that was streached to 104" (6"frt/4"rear) on a stock length chassis that worked out great. a new 23gal tank was used and the front cut off and a 4" deep V face was welded back on. mounted back in stock location it worked great. was set up with a 3"susp lift and 1" body lift on 35" tires. stock spring hangers were cut off and rewelded back on 4" back on rear, Duff long arms on front mounted 6" forward with ballistic adj coil buckets. 78-79 bronco steering box w/frt pitman arm and all is good. rides and drives like a Caddy!!! pics can be seen in a thread I posted on 3/04/10 called Going Green, here on classic. sorry I dont know how to post the link...:(

Last edited: